This thread is now archived and closed to new comments.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
Contributing Cover User
CoBruce
Australia
0 Kudos

NOA not choice in BASLink W4

I have a tax code NOA (Tax Withheld for no ABN) it is tax type "No ABN/TFN".

In BASLink I cannot get it to appear as a choice in W4 - Amount withheld where no ABN is quoted.

Surely the tax type would be the thing that would put it there.

FWIIW I have NOA in G11 in BASLink

I do see in W4 field setup a code for "Voluntary withholding", but not the NOA code.

Any ideas? What affects it appearing?

..Bruce..
@luchetti_law
W4setup.gif
Super Partner
LeanneBerry
Australia
0 Kudos

Re: NOA not choice in BASLink W4

Hi Bruce

Can you ensure that you have you got the NOA tax code set up correctly - in MYOB go to Lists>Tax Codes click on your NOA code and ensure the tax type code is set to No ABN/TFN and that you have set up the account allocation codes correctly (for your information MYOB does have a tax code already set up for this purpose called ABN that you could use instead of creating your own) and this should then allow you to select it at W4

I attempted to replicate your problem in Clearwater I set the NOA code up as above and it is showing in W4 on the BASlink for me which makes me feel that you havent set the Tax Code up correctly

Hope that helps

Leanne Berry - MYOB Certified Consultant
Consultant - Love Your Numbers Pty Ltd
P (02)6334 2657 - F (02)6334 4516 - M 0417 403 696 - E leanne@loveyournumbers.com.au

Contributing Cover User
CoBruce
Australia
0 Kudos

Leanne,

Thanks for getting back to me on this mind-crunching mystery.

NOA tax code is shown in the graphic (Lists>Tax Codes).

I am not 100% sure what you mean by "set up the account allocation codes correctly"

2-3040 is classified as an operating account. It is not linked (I can't see any relevant place to link it).

The data file has been sent to someone else and they claim to be able to see the code in W4 setup without any modification but I cannot.

I set up a tax code called ABN with the same settings as NOA I can find it to select it at G11 but it (like NOA) does not appear in my W4 setup choice.

..Bruce..
@luchetti_law
W4NOAsetup.gif
Super Partner
LeanneBerry
Australia
0 Kudos

Hi Bruce

The only issue that I can see that may be causing this not to work is that both your withholding credit and your withholding payables are set to the liability account 2-3040 - I would set the withholding credit to an asset account 1-xxxx

Close down BASlink and then try again if this is still an issue - come back and we will try again - as I said I tried to replicate your error in clearwater and it wouldnt replicate

Leanne Berry - MYOB Certified Consultant
Consultant - Love Your Numbers Pty Ltd
P (02)6334 2657 - F (02)6334 4516 - M 0417 403 696 - E leanne@loveyournumbers.com.au

Contributing Cover User
CoBruce
Australia
0 Kudos

Leanne,

You are a champion..

I can't get Clearwater to show the tax code ABN in W4 setup.

I added it at G11 then went to W4 setup - not there..

[Maybe if I took a few days off]

..Bruce..
@luchetti_law
Valued Partner
Kaye_Lait
Australia
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

It appears to be a gliche in the Version 19  as it links correctly in 18.5.  It Should not be showing Voluntary withholding in this category.  Something for MYOB to look at.  In the interim would manually enter the total any transactions you have coded NOA from the GST Reports.

Kaye Lait
MYOB Certified Consultant / Certified Assessment & Workplace Trainer
Registered BAS Agent /Certificate IV Financial Services (Bookkeeping)
Member of Institute Certified Bookkeepers
Business Integrated Solutions Pty Ltd
PO Box 704, Arundel Qld 4214, Gold Coast
Contributing Partner
timtam
Australia
0 Kudos

I was thinking that I had a senior moment.  As was previously mentioned the ABN tax code worked perfectly in MYOB 18.5 and not at all in MYOB Version 19.  Now I guess it's time to colour those grey hairs that this problem has caused me ... maybe I should have looked on this forum before stressing out!