John_W
MYOB Staff
70 Posts
MYOB Staff
MYOB Staff

70Posts

25Kudos

3Solutions

In this release, you can control who does what, better than ever before, and you'll love the inventory improvements that make it a must-have for all businesses who buy and sell stock.

Access control steps up a level

AccountRight has always had features that help you control what your file users can access, but you told us you wanted more. And fair enoughit's your data, and you should choose who can do what with it. So in this release, you can customise user roles based on your business needs.

The default roles provided with AccountRight can now be customised in the new Manage Roles tab of the User Access window. For example, say you don't want your salespeople to see bank account balances. Simply deselect the Show Bank Balances permission and it's done.

Customise permissions

If you have unique roles in your business that aren't catered for by the defaults, you can create your own—just duplicate a default role, give it a name, and select the permissions.

Duplicate role

You can give read-only access to those who shouldn't make changes to your file. Assign them a role to determine what they can view, and then select the new Read Only option in the Manage Users tab. This is great for users who just sign on to print reports or check the figures.

Read Only access 

For some users, you might want to let them make changes, but give them read-only access to certain lists or transactions. That's easily done - just select the Read Only option for the permission you don't want them playing with.

Read Only permissions 

Updating from a previous AccountRight version?

• If you upgrade from a classic AccountRight release (like v19), your user accounts will initially be "inactive" in the upgraded file (except for the Administrator account). To make the users active again, the Administrator just needs to assign roles to them.

• If you update from a previous release of the new AccountRight (like 2014.1), we'll carry over your existing role and user settings. But do take a look through the new list of permissions to fine tune the roles if necessary.

If you buy and sell stuff, this one's for you

If you use AccountRight Standard or Plus, take a look at the improvements we've made to the inventory features. We've also added more inventory reports that you'll recognise if you've upgraded from a classic AccountRight version. 

Record item sales and purchases, quick as a flash

Sales and purchases that have inventory items (those you track on-hand quantities for) now record twice as fast. So whether you're using AccountRight at your point-of-sale, on the road, or have a stack of lengthy invoices and bills to enter, you'll really notice the time savings.

And there are great time savings to be had when importing sale and purchase data from another AccountRight file or another application. You can also import sales and purchases that have 10 lines or more, so import lines to your heart's content.

Inventory reports get some love

Whether you have a warehouse or a garage full of stuff you sell, it's important to know what's in stock and what's being bought and sold. So in this release we've focussed on speeding up the inventory reports you rely on, and adding a few more that will help you analyse your inventory even better.

Purchases (Item Summary)

For each item, see who you purchased items from, and the quantities purchased.

Purchases [Item Summary]

Price Analysis

See your item gross profits, margins and markups. You can sort the report to identify your most and least profitable items.

Price Analysis

Analyse Purchases (Item Multi-Period)

Export this report to Excel to analyse what you bought (quantities or dollar values) over several months.

report_AnalysePurchasesItemMultiPeriod.png

Analyse Sales (Item Multi-Period)

Another great report to send to Excel—analyse what you sold (quantities or dollar values) over several months.

Analyse Sales [Item Multi-Period]

Lower-maintenance AccountRight

We've had a great response to the 2014.1 AccountRight installer for PCs. The time savings have been significant, and only a few issues were reported. In 2014.2 we fixed a few things that made it tricky for some people to update. For example, we've put more checks in the system, so updating networked computers, and managing different company file versions on a network, will be easier.

We've also improved the AccountRight Server Edition installer. It's really speedy, and just like the PC Edition, with the one installer you can open and create AccountRight Basics, Standard and Plus files for Australia and New Zealand (but of course you can only activate files you're licensed to use).

Get the update

The 2014.2 update is being rolled out over the next few days to all clients who have an MYOB AccountRight Live, Cover or BusinesSUPPORT membership. Here's how you can get it:

If you're in Australia and use:

• AccountRight 2013.2 or later: You'll see the prompt to update when you open your company file.
  • AccountRight 2011 to AccountRight 2013.1: Go to Start > Software Updates. Haven't registered for software updates? See Support Note 32270.
  • AccountRight v19 or earlier: Learn how to download the update.

If you encounter any problems downloading your update, you can access it from my.myob.com.au.

If you're in New Zealand and use:

• AccountRight 2013.3: You'll see the prompt to update when you open your company file.

• AccountRight 2011 to AccountRight 2013.2: Go to Start > Software Updates. Haven't registered for software updates? See Support Note 32270.

• AccountRight v19 or earlier: Learn how to download the update.

If you encounter any problems downloading your update, you can access it from my.myob.co.nz.

57 Comments
Aaronp
Trusted Partner
96 Posts
Trusted Partner

Thanks for your response.

Yes, file was verified and optimised in v19 prior to upgrade, the file is local on server that MYOB is installed and running on and no other programs are running.

I remember MYOB company file migration has always been inharently slow and i figure as there is such a big change from the legacy system to SQL, it is probably a much bigger change than historically when upgrading...

Kicking myself for not thinking more about it before chosing to migrate this morning... Should have known it would take forever...

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Good morning, @Aaronp.

You are right, apart from the file size of the file and the environment contributing to the time taken to upgrade the file, the change from the legacy system to SQL will also influence this. Thank you for your patience with this.

I hope the upgrade has since completed successfully. 

Do let us know if you have any other queries. 

Regards,

Suja
MYOB Support

cocoscomms
1 Post
Cover User

I updated one of my pcs to 14.2 and that worked fine. Now I have tried the same process on my other pc:

1. Open company file. 2. It says it needs to be updated (this happens before the file actually opens) then it errors out. As the file automatically tries to open the online version of the company file i cant work a way around it.

I need to know how to upgrade my other pc now that I cant open myob on it.

thanks

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @cocoscomms 

You can obtain the AccountRight 2014.2 upgrade link from your my.MYOB account. Support Note: Downloading updates from my.MYOB would be able to assist with that, it also has a Show Me How Video.

nputland
5 Posts
User

Can somehow advise how I can re-download this version (2014.2) due to a computer being stolen. I've tried going through my.myob but nothing is available.

Geoff_
Ultimate Partner
1,721 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi @nputland

Just a thought if you have your serial number and log in details you should have access to to the Update?

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff

HI @nputland

We can provide you with a download link if for some reason it wasn’t visible under My Products >> Downloads on my.MYOB.

That being said as I was unable to locate any relevant account for you, are you able to send me a private message with your AccountRight 2014.2 serial number? Once I have this I’ll be able to locate your account and provide you with any download links that you are entitled to.