AccountRight 2016.1 (NZ) now available

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

92Posts

0Kudos

2Solutions

With this release of AccountRight, we’re making it easier and faster for you to email and invoice from AccountRight. And if your file’s online, it’s all ready for you to set up and use today!

[17/03/2016] AccountRight 2016.1.1 resolves the Microsoft security update issue: Microsoft recently released a Windows security update that prevented some clients from accessing their AccountRight company files. The 2016.1.1 release permanently resolves the issue.

If you previously installed AccountRight 2016.1 you’ll be prompted to install the 2016.1.1 update very soon. If you turned off Windows updates due to this issue, please turn it back on and install all Windows security updates after you install the 2016.1.1 update.

An easier way to email from AccountRight

If your company file’s online and checked in, you can use AccountRight to send emails to your customers, suppliers and employees - you no longer need Microsoft Outlook on your computer.

EmailPreferences.jpg

You can send a big batch of emails in a fraction of the time it used to take, and conveniently track the delivery status of your emails from within AccountRight.

Sent Emails

It’s easy to get started - click Sent Emails in the Command Centre and an assistant will help you set up your preferences.

Sent Emails button

To learn more about the new emailing feature, see the Set up AccountRight to send emails help page

Online invoicing is here

If you choose to email invoices using AccountRight, rather than Microsoft Outlook, your customers can view and download copies of their invoices online, anytime by clicking a button in the email. You don’t need to set anything up. It’s all ready for you.

Invoice Email

And don’t worry if you need to change details on an invoice. Once you save the sale in AccountRight, the online invoice will update automatically.

Online invoice

And you can easily see if a customer has viewed their invoice or not, and chase them up if they missed your email.

Learn more about online invoicing

Improvements you’ve asked for

We’ve addressed a few workflow issues that you wanted us to improve:

• Statements and invoices will now print in the order that they appear in the Print/Email window. So you can sort the list of forms the way you want, for example by name and in A-Z order, and they’ll print in that order too.

• The Review Cheques Before Printing window now displays payees in the Last Name, First Name format, instead of First Name Last Name, which makes sorting by name more useful.

• We’ve made it easier for you to check in files that are for a version that’s no longer supported online. This means you don’t need to contact MYOB to check in old version files.

• When closing AccountRight, and there are windows open, you’ll be prompted to confirm that you want to exit. This will prevent you losing data entered in unsaved transaction windows.

• You’ll notice speed improvements when opening an online company file, especially if there are recurring transaction reminders.

And we fixed some issues too…

• Fixed an issue that caused the Prepare Electronic Payments window to crash if the file was online and there were Pay Bills transactions.

• Fixed an issue where the Print/Email Remittance Advice window wouldn’t refresh when changing the payment type.

• Fixed issues that caused the Print/Email Remittance Advice window to crash when clicking Refresh, or changing the email address.

• Fixed a spelling dictionary issue that caused AccountRight to crash when opening.

• Fixed an issue that prevented the Update is available message from appearing when opening a file that someone else had updated.

• When converting a quote to an order, bill or invoice, the Tax/GST Inclusive setting will be maintained.

• If you select New or Open from the File menu while working on a sale or purchase, clicking Cancel in the message that appears will return you to the transaction you were entering. Previously the transaction details were not saved. 

How to update

This update will be available to all AccountRight subscribers in New Zealand over the next few days (we’ll roll out to Australian customers later, so stay tuned!).

If you’re using:

• AccountRight 2015.4 or earlier: You'll be prompted to update when you open your company file. Or, you can download the installer by signing in to my.myob.co.nz.

• AccountRight v19 or earlier: Visit myob.com/upgrade to download this release.

13 Comments
JohnnyH
1 Post
Cover User

Hi Steven,

Wondering if you know when the AU version will be released?

Thanks.

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @JohnnyH

Thanks for asking! We're just putting the finishing touches on the AccountRight 2016.1 release for Australia, and it's looking great. Unfortunately I don't have a release date yet, but keep an eye out for the update notice in your software. Smiley Happy

Steve

Bellejayne
Contributing Cover User
30 Posts
Contributing Cover User

This is a great improvment. We were wondering if there is any way that the company logo or personal email signature could be included in the emails that go out? Currently, there is no branding on the emails..... 

Belle 

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff

Hey @Bellejayne

Thanks for sharing your feedback! In this initial release you can't add a logo to the email, but of course if you're emailing invoices, make sure you include your logo on the invoice form, so your customers will see it when they access the invoice online.

I reckon many businesses would want to customise their emails, so you might like to start a conversation on the AccountRight Idea Exchange, Would be good to also hear what everyone else thinks and wants.

Steve

MargoK
2 Posts
Cover User

Hi Steve

One question before I do the upgrade:

Am I right in understanding emailing via AccountRight is an OPTION and I can continue to email invoices and statements via Outlook.

I have a number of difference invoice and statement layouts I use depending on the difference client types, including a different named division.   So I need to be able to be able to change the trading name when sending invoices and statements. 

Thank you.

Margaret

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff

Spot on @MargoK - yes, it's definitely an option. You can continue to use Outlook to send emails after you update, but if you do, you won't be able to take advantage of the new online invoicing features. Smiley Sad

I'd give the new emailing features a try after updating, and if it's not right for you, you can easily switch back.

Steve

mickhammond
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I've upgraded to 2016.1 Aus

Finding that my government department clients are unable to open their emailed invoices. Can this be investigated?

Mick

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @mickhammond, thanks for reporting the issue - we're currently looking into this, as others have also reported the same issue this afternoon. 

A workaround that seems to work is to use a different browser to view the invoice. So if they were having issues viewing their invoice in Internet Explorer, get them to try in Chrome or Firefox.

We're sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you, but rest assured, our team's working on it right now.

Steve

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @mickhammond, good news, the issue you reported today has been resolved, so your clients should now be able to view their online invoices without a problem.

Steve

mickhammond
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Thanks for the update @StevenR - it's still hit and miss. Load time for viewing activity is astonishly long (when it works)- both Chrome and Firefox. 

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @mickhammond,

We did have an issue with clients not being able to view their online invoices which was addressed shortly after the problem was identified. We do, however, still have several clients reporting a delay in online invoices loading, which is something that we're currently looking into.

While we have had reports of the issue being resolved by using different browsers, I understand you've already tried this and it hasn't worked for you.

We do apologize for the inconvenience caused, and appreciate your patience while we investigate the matter.

MargoK
2 Posts
Cover User

Hi Steve

We have opted to continue emailing invoices and statements via Microsoft Outlook.

Today I am getting a warning message:

A programis trying to access e-mail address information stored in Outlook.    If this is unexpected, click deny and verify your antivirus software is up-to-date.

For more.....

Button shows to Allow , Deny  or Help.

This is coming up for each email, which is a real problem.    I assume Microsoft have done an update of some sort with is conflicting with MYOB.

Can you please investigate.

Regards

Margaret

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @MargoK , please take a look at the FAQ section of the Sending Emails help page for a solution to your issue.

Steve