AccountRight 2016.2.2 now available

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

92Posts

0Kudos

2Solutions

This release is for Australian businesses using AccountRight Plus or Premier only.

If you’re in New Zealand, or use AccountRight Standard or Basics, you don’t need to install this update.

The Australian government has announced that new PAYG tax tables apply from 1 October 2016. That means you’ll need to load new tax tables into AccountRight once more.

What’s changing?

From 1 October 2016, several tax tables will change - the Medicare levy reduction threshold has increased for some employees, and the 37.5% tax rate will apply to employees who earn $87,000 per year, up from $80,000.

Employers need to use the new tax tables when calculating PAYG withholdings for payments dated 1 October and later. Find out more on the ATO website.

What about the July to September pays?

According to the ATO, “Updated tax tables do not include any catch-up component for the portion of the year which has already passed. Individuals affected will receive the full benefit of the tax changes upon assessment of their income tax return for the 2016-17 income year.”

You don’t need to make any adjustments for July to September pays. Just make sure you install the 2016.2.2 update and load the new PAYG tax tables before your first pay run in October.

What do I need to do now?

Complete these steps before your first pay run in October 2016:

1. Install the 2016.2.2 update when you are notified in AccountRight.

2. Open your company file, go to the Setup menu and choose Load Payroll Tax Tables.

3. Click Load Tax Tables.

4. If you have more than one company file, repeat these steps in each file.

To check that the tax tables have loaded successfully, open your company file, go to the Setup menu and choose General Payroll Information. The Tax Table Revision Date field will show 01/10/2016.

How to update

If you’re using AccountRight Plus or Premier in Australia, you'll be prompted to update when you open your company file. If you need it sooner, you can download the update from my.myob.com.au .

Installation tips

• When installation is complete, you won’t see a confirmation message. You can restart AccountRight immediately after installing the update.

• You won’t see a new desktop icon for the 2016.2.2 release. You can keep using the AccountRight 2016.2 icon to open AccountRight.

• Your company file won’t need upgrading, which means computers using 2016.2.0, 2016.2.1 or 2016.2.2 can be used to work on your file (but you should still install this update on all computers).

• If you use Server Edition 2016.2.0 or 2016.2.1, you will be notified that an update is available, however you can’t install the update from AccountRight’s notification window. You’ll need to uninstall your existing 2016.2.x release, download the full 2016.2.2 Server Edition installer from my.myob.com.au and then install it on the server.

• If you download the full 2016.2.2 PC installer from the my.MYOB website, you will need to uninstall your existing 2016.2.x software before you can install the new version. To avoid having to do this, download the “update” or “patch” installer instead (look for a .msp file), or update from within your AccountRight software.

If you have issues updating, see our troubleshooting guide.

31 Comments
chrismckenna84
3 Posts
Cover User

I am having trouble upgrading. 

I am prompted through the accountright software to upgrade I select update now. it goes through the process. 

Downloads the upgrade opens the wizard then stops and says I must delete the existing version of MYOB first.

I though if you run it through the software this would not happen.

Are there any solutions as I don't want to delete the existing software if I can help it.

Regards

Chris

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @chrismckenna84

Sounds like you're using the Server Edition of AccountRight (your desktop icon will be labelled AccountRight 2016.2 SE).

For this release, you will need to:

1. uninstall your existing 2016.2.x version (we've got some help here if you need it)
  2. download the full 2016.2.2 Server Edition installer from my.myob.com.au 
  3. install the new version on the server.

We're working on improving the Server Edition update experience, so you shouldn't have to uninstall your software when updating to future releases.

If you need more info, please see our Updating an AccountRight network help topic.

Steve

LindyMH
Experienced Cover User
90 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Do you have to do this on each machine you have MYOB Server Edition on??

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @LindyMH

Yes, if you're using the Server Edition on multiple computers, you will need to uninstall on each of those computers.

For most businesses who use AccountRight on a network, only one computer needs to have the Server Edition installed. The other computers can use the PC Edition. Here's a help page that explains the difference between the two editions.

Steve

BAB
1 Post
Cover User

I am unable to load the update as I have  the following error writing to file (then my directory info)

Then it says verify that you have access to that directory. The version isn't SE.

I am the administrator so not sure what the problem is.

LorraineB
1 Post
Cover User

My computer starts the download - gets to around 52.1MB of the 114MB and then an error message comes up Failed-MYOB.com

Can anybody help me out with this?

Of course the MYOB office is shut!

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff

@BAB : Can you please download the PC edition installer (the one labelled "Patch only") from the Downloads page on my.MYOB. After it has downloaded, right-click the installer icon and choose "Run as Administrator". This solution seems to have helped a few people with the same issue.

@LorraineB : Sorry to hear you're having an issue downloading the installer. I assume you're downloading the update from within AccountRight? If you're still having issues this morning, please try downloading it by clicking this link

lyndor
Experienced Cover User
39 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Error: "Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove of this product, use Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel 1E7CC1D2-D75C-484E-9574-F1540D23BB02" It doesn't say what I am adding or removing? Message still showing: MYOB 2016.2.2. now available any suggestions?
StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @lyndor, it sounds like you're using AccountRight Server Edition 2016.2.0 or 2016.2.1.  For this release you need to uninstall your existing AccountRight 2016.2 software. Please see my response to @chrismckenna84 above for more information.

Candles
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I have updated two of the three computers that we use with MYOB. however, on Number three computer, Iam unable to load the update as I have  the following error saying that I need to verify that I have access to that directory. The version isn't SE.

I am the administrator so not sure what the problem is. Have tried ringing MYOB but the office is unattended due to a "Bomb Scare!"

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Candles

I think your issue is similar to what @BAB experienced above. See my response here

And as for the phone message (Smiley Surprised), I've double-checked and can confirm there's no emergency situation in our call centre, might have just been a phone system glitch (phew!).  

jbroad
Partner
6 Posts
Partner

I'm attempting to update Live from within MYOB and it gives me the error "Error writing to file:... Verify that you have access to that directory". I have had a look on my.MYOB but i don't have a link to download just the patch so i can "Run As Admin".

Candles
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Thanks for your quick response. I have downloaded the patch, but still not having any success with updating. I'll try again tomorrow - hopefully, the glitch will have been amended by then. Strange that the first two computer updates were fine.

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @jbroad and @Candles, it looks like you can also overcome this issue by running AccountRight with elevated privileges: Start AccountRight by right-clicking your 2016.2 desktop icon and choosing "Run as administrator". The elevated privileges should carry through to the in-product update installation.

jbroad
Partner
6 Posts
Partner

Thanks @StevenR. Worked a treat Smiley Happy

RGCConsulting
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User

When I try and install the MSI it goes to the following location C:\Users\*useraccount*\Local Settings\Application Data\Programs\MYOB\MYOB AccountRight 2016.2 

This is in a Terminal Server Environment in Windows Server 2008 R2.

When i try to install it it says there is an older version already installed. So I removed the old version via the instructions on how to install the update and tried to install it again and still the same issue.  Goes to the wrong location.

I want it to go to C:\Program Files (x86)\MYOB\MYOB AccountRight 2016.2 but even when trying to run in elevated command prompt msiexec /i "MYOB_AccountRight_Client_2016_2_2.msi" TARGETDIR="C:\Program
Files (x86)\MYOB\MYOB AccountRight 2016.2" /qb it still installs in the same location aboved.

The program works but still does this.

Anyone have any idea why this is the case?

UPDATE:

Managed to sort this out myself by doing the following:

1. Went into cmd as administrator

2. Typed "change user /install"

3. Went to "Install Application on Remote Desktop" in control panel

4. Selected the MSI which was "MYOB_AccountRight_Client_2016_2_2.msi"

5. Followed the prompts and once completed it installed successfully to "C:\Program Files (x86)\MYOB\MYOB AccountRight 2016.2"

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @RGCConsulting

Thanks for the question! I'm not an expert on this topic, but according to a Community Forum post that answers a similar question, the msi installer we provide can only install AccountRight to the Users\.. folder, not the Program Files\.. folder. The msi is for the PC Edition of AccountRight.

However, we do have the Server Edition of AccountRight that by default installs in the Program Files folder. It's a standard Windows installer, not an msi installer. If that suits you, you can download the Server Edition from my.MYOB.com.au.

MarcusCW
1 Post
Cover User

Hi There

I download the new update and at the very end of the install it keeps saying "user cancelled install" which is very frustrating as I am not touching the machine. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall with no success. Ideas?

Cheers

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @MarcusCW

Our installation troubleshooting help page suggests you uninstall your existing version, and then install the new version by right-clicking the desktop icon and choosing "Run as administrator". This should overcome any permission issues with the folder AccountRight is being installed to. Hope this helps you!

Steve

MWA
2 Posts
Cover User

Went to upgrade and keep getting "Connection Error" 

My net speed is fine and I have internet and I have not changed or added anthing to my pc since the last update.

Need help asap to get my invoices and payments to client 

MaryAnne30
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi,

I'm using the server addition of Account Right 2016.1. I unintalled then updated the program as instructed. However when I reopen MYOB, it still has the icon to update it to 2016.2? Does that mean, Ive missed a step?

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @MWA, a small number of clients have experienced this issue on upgrading from 2016.1. If your issue hasn't been resolved yet, please contact our technical support team who can look into it for you.

---

@MaryAnne30: Not sure what's causing your particular issue... You didn't need to uninstall 2016.1 before installing this compliance update - uninstalling was only required if you were using AccountRight 2016.2.0 or 2016.2.1 Server Edition.

Can you please double-check that you're starting AccountRight using the desktop icon labelled "AccountRight 2016.2"? If you only have one version installed, please contact the technical support team who can troubleshoot the issue for you. 

Linda30
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi there

I am running 2016.2.1 no mention of it being a server edition.

I am unable to update and being prompted to uninstall and reinstall.

We had a lot of problems installing MYOB when we transitioned to the cloud - I recall a different email address registered with MYOB intitally and someone had to call us and fix something your end for us to be able to access.

To say the least I am very hesitant to unistall and try the reinstall especially as there is no mention of us having a server edition and I do not want to lose or comprimise our accounts.

If i do have to complete unistall and reinstall - can someone be available immediately in case it goes pear shaped ? I only work part-time and last time I needed support it took days.

regards

Linda

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff

@Linda30

Hi Linda

The fact that you're prompted to uninstall suggests that you are using the Server Edition. You won't see reference to "Server Edition" in any AccountRight window, but if you check the desktop icon that you use to start AccountRight,  it most likely has "SE" in the label.

Note that uninstalling your software won't affect your company file or anything required by your file. Once you install 2016.2.2, AccountRight will work for you just as it did previously.

Steve

MaryAnne30
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi Steve,

I didn't think I was using a server edition, but I contacted the web chat team who ran me through what needed to be done. I uninstalled all MYOB/Account Right on my control panel. Then reinstalled. It is still coming up with the update now icon in MYOB. I  have been able to update the Tax tables however and MYOB shows that the tax table revision date is 1/10/16. MYOB tells me that the program must be located somewhere else on our server. However upon checking with our IT person, MYOB is not installed on our server since it is accessed on the cloud. When I click on MYOB I log into Account Right Live.

I'm still at a loss as to why this does not work.

Please help.

MaryAnne

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @MaryAnne30,

How many computers do you use to access the company file?

It sounds like one of these hasn't been updated to v2016.2.2 yet, which is why it keeps prompting you to update the software. The fact that the tax tables are correct indicate that the company file itself was opened up in v2016.2.2 and tax tables loaded appropriately, however, the in-product update ribbon seems to suggest that the company file is still being accessed in one or more machines that has v2016.2.1 installed. Pleaase note that even if the company file is on the cloud, all computers that access it still needs to have AccountRight installed and thus, needs to be updated.

We'd recommend you open up AccountRight on each computer, go to Help > About MYOB AccountRight and ensure that the product version (top line) says 'AccountRight 2016.2.2'.

Please do let us know how you go with that.

Cheers,

Tallie

davidjones
Contributing User
20 Posts
Contributing User

Hey all,

have all the problems in the 2014 verson been fixed now for the 2016 version? - not willing to throw any more money at broken software that runs at a snails pace.

david.

EllisElec
1 Post
Cover User

Hi, My MYOB wont install the newest update 2016.2.2 a message comes up saying that I need to remove previous files? I dont quite understand. If i go into my downloads and delete MYOB_AccountRight_Server2014.1(1)

MYOB_AccountRight_Server2014

MYOB_AccountRight_Server2016.2.1)1)

MYOB_AccountRight_Server2016.2.1

Will I lose everything? I have backed up my company file.

Ideally I would love someone to talk me through the steps but i cannot get through to MYOB.

My company file wont check in either and I need to check in for my accountant.

I've tried to call but they have tech difficulties and couldnt answer my call.

Please please please help

Linda30
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

HI @EllisElec I was hesitant as well but I did not lose any of my files - just follow the unistall instructions as given above - i m not sure but maybe you should try just uninstalling server2..1 first as the update appears to relate to this.

(Hi @lyndor, it sounds like you're using AccountRight Server Edition 2016.2.0 or 2016.2.1.  For this release you need to uninstall your existing AccountRight 2016.2 software. Please see my response to @chrismckenna84 above for more information.)

Good luck!

KerrieM
1 Post
Cover User

I am using Accoutnright Live and would like to know how can I increase the font size of fields when entering a purchase / order or invoice, I am finding the text size very small. I have tried changing font size on my computer and also changing screen resolution to no avail.

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

@KerrieM

Hi Kerrie,

Have you tried the settings suggested in the following article:

http://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Fixing+display+issues#expand-Examplesofdisplayissues

Let us know if this helps.

Alan