AccountRight 2017.1.1 now available

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

92Posts

0Kudos

2Solutions

This release is for Australian businesses using AccountRight Plus or Premier only.
If you’re in New Zealand, or use AccountRight Standard or Basics, you don’t need to install this update - 2017.1 is the latest version for you.

New PAYG tax tables apply from 1 July 2017. Install this update to ensure your business stays compliant.

What’s changed?

From 1 July 2017, the PAYG withholding formulas in AccountRight will include the following changes:

• removal of the temporary budget repair levy
  • increase in the Medicare levy low-income threshold
  • annual indexation of HELP and FS (SFSS) repayment thresholds.

You need to use the new tax tables when calculating PAYG withholdings for payments dated 1 July 2017 and later.

What do I need to do now?

Complete these steps before your first pay run in July 2017:

1. Install the 2017.1.1 update when you are notified in AccountRight.
  2. After you close your 2017 payroll year, go to the Setup menu and choose Load Payroll Tax Tables.
  3. Click Load Tax Tables.
  4. If you have more than one company file, repeat these steps in each file.

To check that the tax tables have loaded successfully, open your company file, go to the Setup menu and choose General Payroll Information. The tax table revision date needs to be 01/07/2017.

Reminder: If you’re still using AccountRight 2016.3 or earlier, and you employ working holiday makers or provide exempt fringe benefits covered by section 57A of the FBTAA, install this update before preparing this year’s payment summaries.

EOFY videos, presented by Oi Yee AdamsEOFY videos, presented by Oi Yee Adams

Need help preparing payment summaries? 

Our EOFY videos are just what you need. 

We’ll also have a team of EOFY experts ready to answer your questions at selected times during June and July on Live Chat. 

Watch now

How to update

If you’re using AccountRight Plus or Premier in Australia, you'll be prompted to update when you open your company file over the next few days. If you need it sooner, you can download the update from my.myob.com.au .

Installation tips

• When installation is complete, you won’t see a confirmation message. You can restart AccountRight immediately after installing the update.

• You won’t see a new desktop icon for the 2017.1.1 release. You can keep using the AccountRight 2017.1 icon to open AccountRight.

• Your company file won’t need upgrading, which means computers using 2017.1 or 2017.1.1 can open your file (but you should still install this update on all computers).

• If you already have Server Edition 2017.1, you will be notified that an update is available, however you can’t install the update directly from AccountRight’s notification window. You’ll need to:
    • Uninstall your existing 2017.1 release from the server.
    • Download the full 2017.1.1 Server Edition installer from my.myob.com.au
    • Install 2017.1.1 on the server.

• If you already have PC Edition 2017.1 and you choose to download the full 2017.1.1 PC installer from the my.MYOB website, you will need to uninstall your existing 2017.1 software before you can install the new version. To avoid having to do this, download the “update” or “patch” installer instead (look for a .msp file), or update when prompted in your AccountRight software.

• If you have issues updating, see our troubleshooting guide.
29 Comments
JULIA57
1 Post
Cover User

How much does this update cost

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @JULIA57

This update is included in your AccountRight subscription, so there's no additional cost to update if your subscription is active and up to date.

HeatherG
Experienced Cover User
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Has this update fixed the problem of previously reconciled transactions popping back on as unreconciled resulting in having to undo Reconciliations?  I have had to Undo Reconciliations and re-reconcile for 12 months and I am still having the problem but usually only have to go back one Reconciliation in recent events.

Jake_N
MYOB Moderator
1,419 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @HeatherG,

From looking at a post about what is in the latest update from one of our team members, there doesn't seem to any mention of that. I do encourage you to have a look at the release notes so that you know what has been update or resolved in the updates that get released.

Here is a link to the release notes thread: AccountRight Release Notes Blog

hotair
Partner
2 Posts
Partner

Why was thie release not advertised on the myob e bulletien??

AHJS
Experienced Cover User
178 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I have updated my payroll tax as per the MYOB instructions but on enquiry I note that it says that the effective date is 01/01/2017 whereas it should be 01/07/2017 - is there something else I need to do? I am running Account Right Plus version 2017.1.0

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @AHJS

You need to install the new AccountRight 2017.1.1 update. This will give you the tax tables that apply from 1 July 2017.

See the information above in the "What do I need to do now" section.

Steve

BLJ
1 Post
Cover User

When I read the instructions-it says to rollover your payroll, then update tax tables.

LindyMH
Experienced Cover User
90 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I am trying to upgrade so I can load the new tax tables, but I keep getting an error that the update keeps saying it's already loaded and I have to delete the version I already have??? I'm confused as when I go back in to MYOB each time it says I need to upgrade so obviously it hasn't updated.  As the tax tables are saying 01.01.2017 I assume it does need updating.  Can you please let me know asap as I have to do the payroll today.

"Error - Another version of this product is already installed.  Installation of this version cannot continue.  To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/REmove Programs on the Control Panel."

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @LindyMH

If you're using the 2017.1 Server Edition of AccountRight (your desktop icon will show an SE in the label), then you need to uninstall the AccountRight 2071.1.0 product you already have installed (this won't delete your company file data). See the "If you already have Server Edition 2017.1" bullet point in the blog post above for more information.

If you use the PC Edition, this message might appear if you've downloaded the full 2017.1.1 installer from the MYOB website and are using that file to update. For this PC Edition update, you need to click the "Update Now" button in your AccountRight software to update.

steve

LindyMH
Experienced Cover User
90 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Thank you Steve.

What is the difference between the Server edition and PC edition.  We have SE. Is this because we work in the cloud??

It's a pain at this busy time of year to uninstall and re-install MYOB for a simple tax update and to be honest just inconvenient.

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @LindyMH,

The Server Edition is required only when your company file is stored locally (not in the cloud) and needs to be accessed/shared from multiple computers in your office network. You install AccountRight Server Edition on the computer that has the company file saved on it, and others in your office access the file using their own computers which have AccountRight PC Edition installed on them.

If your company files are all in the cloud, all in your office should consider switching to using the PC Edition (might be something you want to leave for a quieter time of year). Take a look at our help page for a detailed comparison of the two types of installations, and you can download the latest PC Edition from myob.com/download

steve

Juices
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi, Admin

We are currently using the MYOB Accountright, and we are in the middle of produce the 2016/17 payment summary for the staff, and my question is is it complosury to install the 2017.1 upadates before we prepare the payment summaries (16/17) or we can update it after the payment summaries being produced.

Many thanks

Alvin

LindyMH
Experienced Cover User
90 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Thanks Steve.  I think we will do that as we travel and use multiple computers (laptops) but only individually.  We don't have multiple people accessing MYOB.

Your time is appreciated.

Cheers

Lindy

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Juices

The ATO will accept payment summaries produced using AccountRight 2016.3, but if you employ backpackers or have paid "s57A fringe benefits", you need to have at least AccountRight 2017.1 installed before preparing your payment summaries. See our 2017.1 blog post for more information.

Make sure you install this new 2017.1.1 update, and load the tax tables, before your first pay run for July 2017.

steve

TonyWebb
4 Posts
Cover User

Steve

I don't seam to get the invite for the 2017 1.1 update? I have loaded the 2017 1.0 update....

Juices
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Thanks, StevenR

Alvin

TonyWebb
4 Posts
Cover User

Hi @StevenR

I don't seam to get the invite for the 2017 1.1 update? I have already loaded the 2017 1.0 update....

StevenR
92 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @TonyWebb

If you're using AccountRight Plus or Premier in Australia, you should have been prompted by now to update to 2017.1.1.

If not, you can download the update/patch file from my.myob.com.au (don't download the "full" installer).

steve

RoyJoanne
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi Steve

I have updated MYOB Accounrtight Plus AU to version 2017.1.1. However the lastest tax tables are the 01/01/2017 instead of 1 July.

I uninstalelled the 20.17.1 SE, and installed 2017.1.1 but I still cab't access the latest tax tables.

Can you advise how I I can access the latest tax tables?

Thanks

Joanne

Robbie_R
3 Posts
Cover User

Hi,

The business I work for us AR 2016.3, I have only been here since April this year, I havent seen the update request at all. How do I go about updating to the latest edition of AR? I am a bit of a numpty when it comes to updating these so if someone can explain to me in simple steps that would be great :-) 

thanks

Robbie

Jake_N
MYOB Moderator
1,419 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @Robbie_R,

To be able to assist please have a look at this this post I have create (click here to open).

It steps you though just about everything to do when updating to various version of AccountRight, old and new.

Link to post:

http://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Installing-and/Compliance-update/m-p/470888/highlight/true...

Cettina
4 Posts
Cover User

Hi @StevenR,

I have tried several times to update the file by clicking on the update icon - it takes me to the online file selection window & then back to home page of the program.  Nothing changes.  The update icon is still there - 2017.1.1 now available etc etc.

Melissa73
MYOB Staff
410 Posts
MYOB Staff

Hello @Cettina,

Thanks for your post and welcome to MYOB's Community Forum, we hope you find it full of valuable information!

The desktop icon will still say 2017.1, can you please check the version number by going into a company file and then going to 'Help -> About MYOB AccountRight'?

If it is saying you are using 2017.1.1 but you are still getting the update prompt when entering your file this is a glitch within the software. To stop the prompt popping up you should have a "Got it. Don't show me again".  tick box option on the window. Tick this and then click okay. The cause of this is sometimes related to the user clicking the red x in the top right corner whenever the prompt appears, therefore not letting AccountRight know that the process of updating has been completed!

Please let me know if this rectifies your issue. If not, we will need to troubleshoot a bit further.

Thanks,

Melissa

Cettina
4 Posts
Cover User

Hi @Melissa73,

Thanks for your reply.  I did check that previously after reading through the thread - it's version 2016.3.9.1272

Regards,

Cettina

Melissa73
MYOB Staff
410 Posts
MYOB Staff

Hello @Cettina,

Thanks for that additional information.

If nothing is happening when clicking the upgrade now button, a work around to try would be to close your AccountRight software and then reopen it using a slightly different method by right-clicking on your current AccountRight icon and selecting the option 'Run as Administrator'. The program will seem to open as normal, but this method of opening may get the 'Update now' button to work.

If updating the software isn't working, a work around would be to download and install the full installer for AccountRight 2017.1.1 available on our 'AccountRight Download' page.

I hope this helps, please let us know how you go.

Thanks,

Melissa

Cettina
4 Posts
Cover User

Hi @Melissa73,

I will check that out later tonight & come back to you.  Thanks again.

Cettina
4 Posts
Cover User

Hi @Melissa73,

Thanks for your help on this one.  I realised I was opening the file from an old shortcut, so although the program was updated, I was opening the old version.

edgpol
1 Post
Cover User

I run dual monitors - 1x 4k 32" and 1x 1080p 17" - and I have issues running MYOB on the larger monitor when in dual display. I can work around it, but it is tiresome and the whole reason I have two screens is to work more efficiently. Happy to be contacted about this and provide hardward/software specs. Thanks.