Thanks for the memories, XP!

Merrin
229 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

229Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Windows XP was robust, it was stable, but let’s face it, considering it was released in October 2001, the time has definitely come to move on. I'm hoping most of you are already aware that Microsoft is sunsetting support for Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 and Office 2003 in April 2014.

So, what does this mean for you?

If you're already working with Windows 8, Windows 7 or Windows Vista, then continue on your merry way. There’s nothing to see here.

If you're still working with Windows XP, I hate to say it, but it’s time to let go. With Microsoft ending support for XP, from 8 April they will no longer provide automatic updates that help protect your PC. This may leave you more vulnerable to security risks and viruses. This excellent blog by Tim Rains of Microsoft gives you better detail of the risks. It's time to upgrade your operating system, people! Maybe it's even time to purchase a brand spanking new computer, if like me, it's been a while since you upgraded.

What does this mean for MYOB?

We here at MYOB will also be concentrating our resources on newer technologies, and as of the next release of AccountRight  we will no longer support Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 and Office 2003.

Future versions of AccountRight (AccountRight 2014 onward) will not install on XP machines.

Still using AccountRight Classic?

If you're still using AccountRight Classic (v19), we can no longer guarantee that it will work flawlessly with XP, so when combined with the security issues, I’d highly recommend you upgrade too.

Would you like more information about the sunsetting of XP? Do you need to know how to go about upgrading? Check out Microsoft’s site for some handy tips and information.

2 Comments