Welcome to the cloud, AccountRight Premier!

Merrin
229 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

229Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Premier users, it’s time to move online and enjoy the power of AccountRight combined with the benefits that only online accounting offers.

Why move to online accounting?

Most customers chose Premier for power, speed and multi-user access. With online accounting, you can leave your desktop network behind. Multi-user collaboration has hit a whole new level. Collaborate with who you want, when you want with no limits to the number of users you can invite to access your file online.

Join thousands of online accounting software users who’ve already made the move, and securely share your business information with your colleagues, your bookkeeper and your accountant. Regardless of their location.

Bank feeds are going to change your life

I talk about bank feeds a lot. Mainly because I think it’s such a great feature. Who wouldn’t want to save 10 hours a month of data entry? The more transactions you have going through your software, the more features like bank feeds are going to benefit you with real time savings.

When you securely link your bank account to AccountRight Premier, your bank transactions are dropped straight into your software, ready for you to approve. It’s a massive timesaver, especially if you set up rules that make it quick and easy to reconcile payments. Concentrate on the tasks that really matter, not the tedious data entry.

Fortunately it’s not just me who thinks so. Debra Anderson from Legally BAS has some great views on timesaving with online accounting in this video.

Faster installer means less time updating and more time on your business

Ok, so I might be exaggerating, but based on feedback that Margaret Whitfield from My Small Office Support shared with us, “A little over 5 mins to download this morning, and installation was so quick”, there have been significant improvements to installing AccountRight. Having spent time updating your networked Premier, we know you’ll appreciate anything that makes this easier.

We know how annoying it is to make sure everyone’s collaborating on the same version, so we’ve added in smarter alerts, so you know if you’re not using the latest version of your software.

Software that’s easy to install and lets you know if you’re not up-to-date? Yes, please.

AccountRight and your smart phone – together at last

Love working from the road? If your file’s online, it’s now even easier. Use the mobile app to invoice customers, check debtors and update contacts. It’s a great way to keep an eye on your cashflow, or keep sales ticking over. 

Download it from the App Store AppStore.png or Google play GooglePlay.png

The new AccountRight looks a bit different

We’ve all done it, updated our phone or logged into Facebook and thought “Woah, that’s different. Why are you changing things?” So, to prepare you a bit - AccountRight’s got a new (but obviously familiar) look.

We’ve kept the workflows the same, as much as possible, but there’s a couple of changes I thought I’d highlight for you. We’ve moved some of the buttons (like the Print and Email buttons) from the bottom of the screen to the top. We’ve made it easier to find transactions in long lists with better search functions. You can also now sort lists by columns, and even click and drag columns to rearrange them.

We’ve added new payroll enhancements to Australian payroll like leave overuse warnings. You can save a pay run that you haven’t finished working through, and from the start of the financial year, you’ll also be able to pay your employees’ super straight from AccountRight, using the Pay Super feature.

Rather than list every feature and small change, click the image below for some handy e-learning or take a sneak peek at our webinar about the new AccountRight.

What's new v19.png

Keen to make the move?

First, here’s some things you should know before you upgrade.

For the 24% of Premier users who need multi-currency functionality or Enterprise clients who need advanced inventory, this release is not the one for you. We suggest you remain with AccountRight Premier classic, and we'll let you know when you can move online.

Here’s a handy table to check through, to make sure the new AccountRight Premier is the one for you.

I use:

What are my options?

M-Powered Payments

Don’t upgrade at the moment. Hold off until M-Powered payments work smoothly.

M-Powered Super

Upgrade, if you’ve completed your super payments for the 2013/2014 financial year.

Pay super takes over from M-Powered Super from June 2014, and best of all it’s a service that’s included with your AccountRight subscription.

M-Powered Invoices

You can use M-Powered Invoices with the new AccountRight. Instead of using the Import Assist function to reconcile payments, you can use bank feeds to match the payments to their invoices.

M-Powered Bank Statements

Upgrade. M-Powered Bank Statements have been superseded by bank feeds – the easiest way to update and reconcile your accounts.

Add-ons

Our Add-on solutions are great way to extend your software. If you've been using an add-on check that it works with the new AccountRight (AUS) (NZ).

MYOB RetailManager

Hold off on upgrading for the moment. RetailManager still doesn’t play nicely with the new AccountRight.

Customised reporting in Excel

If you've been using MYOB ODBC Direct to create customised Excel reports, you won't be able to use those reports after upgrading.

Ready to get started?

Head over to Moving to the new AccountRight, for help getting going with the new AccountRight.

**blog updated on 11/12/2014 with information about moving online for multi-currency and advanced inventory.

38 Comments