Welcome to the cloud, AccountRight Premier!

Merrin
229 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

229Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Premier users, it’s time to move online and enjoy the power of AccountRight combined with the benefits that only online accounting offers.

Why move to online accounting?

Most customers chose Premier for power, speed and multi-user access. With online accounting, you can leave your desktop network behind. Multi-user collaboration has hit a whole new level. Collaborate with who you want, when you want with no limits to the number of users you can invite to access your file online.

Join thousands of online accounting software users who’ve already made the move, and securely share your business information with your colleagues, your bookkeeper and your accountant. Regardless of their location.

Bank feeds are going to change your life

I talk about bank feeds a lot. Mainly because I think it’s such a great feature. Who wouldn’t want to save 10 hours a month of data entry? The more transactions you have going through your software, the more features like bank feeds are going to benefit you with real time savings.

When you securely link your bank account to AccountRight Premier, your bank transactions are dropped straight into your software, ready for you to approve. It’s a massive timesaver, especially if you set up rules that make it quick and easy to reconcile payments. Concentrate on the tasks that really matter, not the tedious data entry.

Fortunately it’s not just me who thinks so. Debra Anderson from Legally BAS has some great views on timesaving with online accounting in this video.

Faster installer means less time updating and more time on your business

Ok, so I might be exaggerating, but based on feedback that Margaret Whitfield from My Small Office Support shared with us, “A little over 5 mins to download this morning, and installation was so quick”, there have been significant improvements to installing AccountRight. Having spent time updating your networked Premier, we know you’ll appreciate anything that makes this easier.

We know how annoying it is to make sure everyone’s collaborating on the same version, so we’ve added in smarter alerts, so you know if you’re not using the latest version of your software.

Software that’s easy to install and lets you know if you’re not up-to-date? Yes, please.

AccountRight and your smart phone – together at last

Love working from the road? If your file’s online, it’s now even easier. Use the mobile app to invoice customers, check debtors and update contacts. It’s a great way to keep an eye on your cashflow, or keep sales ticking over. 

Download it from the App Store AppStore.png or Google play GooglePlay.png

The new AccountRight looks a bit different

We’ve all done it, updated our phone or logged into Facebook and thought “Woah, that’s different. Why are you changing things?” So, to prepare you a bit - AccountRight’s got a new (but obviously familiar) look.

We’ve kept the workflows the same, as much as possible, but there’s a couple of changes I thought I’d highlight for you. We’ve moved some of the buttons (like the Print and Email buttons) from the bottom of the screen to the top. We’ve made it easier to find transactions in long lists with better search functions. You can also now sort lists by columns, and even click and drag columns to rearrange them.

We’ve added new payroll enhancements to Australian payroll like leave overuse warnings. You can save a pay run that you haven’t finished working through, and from the start of the financial year, you’ll also be able to pay your employees’ super straight from AccountRight, using the Pay Super feature.

Rather than list every feature and small change, click the image below for some handy e-learning or take a sneak peek at our webinar about the new AccountRight.

What's new v19.png

Keen to make the move?

First, here’s some things you should know before you upgrade.

For the 24% of Premier users who need multi-currency functionality or Enterprise clients who need advanced inventory, this release is not the one for you. We suggest you remain with AccountRight Premier classic, and we'll let you know when you can move online.

Here’s a handy table to check through, to make sure the new AccountRight Premier is the one for you.

I use:

What are my options?

M-Powered Payments

Don’t upgrade at the moment. Hold off until M-Powered payments work smoothly.

M-Powered Super

Upgrade, if you’ve completed your super payments for the 2013/2014 financial year.

Pay super takes over from M-Powered Super from June 2014, and best of all it’s a service that’s included with your AccountRight subscription.

M-Powered Invoices

You can use M-Powered Invoices with the new AccountRight. Instead of using the Import Assist function to reconcile payments, you can use bank feeds to match the payments to their invoices.

M-Powered Bank Statements

Upgrade. M-Powered Bank Statements have been superseded by bank feeds – the easiest way to update and reconcile your accounts.

Add-ons

Our Add-on solutions are great way to extend your software. If you've been using an add-on check that it works with the new AccountRight (AUS) (NZ).

MYOB RetailManager

Hold off on upgrading for the moment. RetailManager still doesn’t play nicely with the new AccountRight.

Customised reporting in Excel

If you've been using MYOB ODBC Direct to create customised Excel reports, you won't be able to use those reports after upgrading.

Ready to get started?

Head over to Moving to the new AccountRight, for help getting going with the new AccountRight.

**blog updated on 11/12/2014 with information about moving online for multi-currency and advanced inventory.

38 Comments
stacelee
1 Post
Cover User

I haven't been able to see anywhere how many concurrent users that you can have at one point in time.  Does the data file still need to be rolled at the end of the financial year meaning that invoices/quotes from previous financial years can no longer be viewed or will they still be accessible?

Merrin
229 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @stacelee 

Thanks for checking out this blog and taking the time to comment. 

In answer to your questions - if your Premier file is online, then you can have as many users as you need accessing the file at the same time.

As far as rolling over financial years - yes, you will still need to roll over to a new financial year in the new AccountRight Premier.

The great news though is that with the new platform you'll no longer need to "purge transactions" to keep your file size small. So when you roll over, all your transactions from the previous year, including closed sales will still be able to be viewed in detail.

(Note that you can't edit transactions made in a previous year once you've rolled over, as you still need to protect the integrity of your records.)

Hope that helps,

Merrin

Albare
Trusted Cover User
171 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Will not having to purge records also apply to the PC installed version?

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

HelloAlbert 

in the current Premier you already  have  the option  not to purge when you close the year.

cheers

David 

Merrin
229 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Albare 

Thanks for reading and commenting on the blog.

As David mentions, there was the option to keep all your information in v19, rather than purge it when you started a new financial year.

Purging was designed to keep file sizes small for better performance on desktops, but unless you actually followed up with optimising and verifying your company file, it didn't necessarily keep your file size small.

The new technology behind AccountRight allows for larger file sizes without slower performance, so you're less likely to need to remove the detail of transactions, even if you're working on your desktop. The Classic AccountRight was also built back when computers had a lot less storage capacity than they do now.

I will just stress though that hosting your file online gives you access to far more storage than your computer, which is another great reason for moving online.

Cheers,
Merrin

Albare
Trusted Cover User
171 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Thank you for taking the time to reply. 

I think I mixed up purging with the option to retain data for previous financial years which comes later in the "Start a New Finacial Year" roll over process. This leads me to another question, when rolling over into a new financial year I have the option of stating how many years prior I want to keep records before rolling over, iirc it is a maxiumum of 7 financial years.  Will it be possible to maintain all records and not just the last 7 years. I know this might lead to very a large company file however when 1TB drives are nothing now and cpu power overkill for what we need I wouldn't mind having at least one file with as much historical data as possible.  I've got 2 or 3 company files split into financial periods of say 4-5 years each that cover all our records from 2000 to now so that whenever I want to look back at customer info, products bought, sold etc this is easier then chasing spreadsheets of exported data.

Merrin
229 Posts
Former Staff

Hi again @Albare 

The new AccountRight Premier has a slightly different roll over process, which no longer includes the option to remove prior years' records.

So yes, detailed records for previous years will be there for you to look back through.

Hope that helps,

Merrin

Albare
Trusted Cover User
171 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Thanks Merrin.

...so how about being able to create customised fields.... Smiley Happy

For example we need to note pallets supplied, pallets returned on our delivery dockets and can only do it manually on the actual docket after printing.

Merrin
229 Posts
Former Staff

Hi again @Albare 

If you're looking for specific information about what's in the new AccountRight for people on v19, take a look at the video in the blog (above) or this list in the help.

To ask others how they add information to invoices and packing slips, you might like to post on the Sales and Purchases area of our Community Forum.

Thanks,

M

Rubberline2020
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I get that MYOB doesnt want to release the program until all the bugs have been fixed - but the 24% of us who have been paying MORE THAN other versions just for the multi-currency - are paying MORE THAN other versions for 25+ year old system that will have no significant upgrades until 'later this year'!

As loyal as I have tried to be to MYOB over the last almost 20 years - I cant sit in front of my Boss & tell them to stick with MYOB - because we cant update - like I promised them. I have been telling them for the last 2 years - it is coming - it did come for all the other MYOB users, just not the 24% that we fall into.

Yet again MYOB, massive fail Smiley Sad

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Donna (@Rubberline2020)

Many thanks for your feedback. We do appreciate your patience and understand that many businesses who use multi-currency are keen to get their hands on the new AccountRight as soon as possible. We are sorry for the delay but did want to ensure all clients had an optimal experience. We could have released the software earlier but our product management team made the decision early last year based on feedback from clients and Partners that we needed to prioritise improving speed and performance of the software first before moving onto the Premier release. Although this was a difficult decision, our team is confident it was the right path for our important Premier clients and that you will now have a vastly superior experience when you do upgrade. As mentioned above, we are planning to release an update with multi-currency before the end of the year.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

All the best,

Jason Hill
Community Manager

Aaronp
Trusted Partner
96 Posts
Trusted Partner

Prioritising speed and performance doesn't seem to have worked... IT IS SLOWER than V19!

If anyone is thinking about upgrading to 2014... DON'T!

Sorting by date ascending or descending in sales register, and eventually (when it is all set up), bank feeds are the ONLY two benefits we have been able to identify.

The cost... SPEED (at least 5 times slower in EVERY REGARD), having to remake ALL custom reports FROM SCRATCH, having to edit ALL migrated invoices/statements just to make them display/print correctly, having to edit ALL saved spreadsheets that we export data from MYOB to as the layout of the exported data has now been changed and throws out our integration, having to eport data from reports to excel to print them without large empty space between items that wasn't the case in V19...

For a product that has taken 5 YEARS to release, it is so CRAP and FULL of BUGS or steps backwards, i just can't find the words to convey my disatisfaction!

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Aaron,

As per my reply to your other post, we understand you are frustrated and will be getting your file in to investigate. I'm sorry that the move to the new AccountRight has not been a positive experience for you so far but we are keen to assist. We will be in touch again soon.

All the best,

Jason Hill
Community Manager

RPALinda
3 Posts
Cover User

Could someone tell me if it is free with the support contract to upgrade from AccountRight Plus 19.9 to MYOB Cloud services ?  If not, how much does it cost ?

Nicquel_Walker
Super Partner
664 Posts
Super Partner

If you have a current cover agreement in place with MYOB you can upgrade your exisiting version 19 AccountRight  Plus file to Account Right Live Plus version 2014.2 at no additional cost, the file can then be uploaded into the cloud while you maintain an active cover subscription.

Please do some research into upgrading to the 2014 software before doing so to make sure the new software is the right fit for your circumstances.

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @RPALinda 

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your message. If you a cover client you can certainly move to the new AccountRight and take advantage of Live services whenever the time is right for your business. You might find this page useful - http://www.myob.com.au/upgrade

All the best,

Jason Hill
Community Manager

Merrin
229 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @RPALinda 

Thanks for commenting on the blog - it seems everyone is keen to answer your question.

In addition to Nicquel and Jason's comments I'd love to point you towards the Moving to the new AccountRight page, which will make sure you're all good to move, will walk you through the process and will give you some background on any changes you might notice between your current software and the new software.

Feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions. Would love to hear your thoughts about the info in "Moving to the new AccountRight" too.

Thanks,

Merrin

JBUD
2 Posts
Cover User

Today I upgraded premier V19 to the cloud version but it only opens in AccountRight Standard.

Whats going on? I called support and was told to call back later.

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello Julie 

You can fix  this easily if you go to Help and select Change Product   

Cheers 

David 

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @JBUD 

Welcome to the Community Forum. Sorry that you've had difficulty contacting us during this busy time. As David has noted, you can Change Product from within the program via Help. Please let us know if you have any further difficulty.

All the best,

Jason Hill
Community Manager

Greg_Smits
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User

2014.3 This release has crippled my business. Thanks for that.  I have a myriad of issues that no-one in support can help me with because I know more about MYOB than them. 4 hours and still no resolution to 1 issue.  I have a list.  Reports don't work, invoice sequence is shot, back ordering is screwed, layouts destroyed, custom reports...gonnne, slower than my grandmother on a fast day, did i mentioned the $$$.  What the hell have I been paying for all these years with no development?

And the lack of support is the icing on the cake. 

Lesson No.1: Test your software before you release it.  There is a little section about mechantable quality in the Competition and Consumer Act (AUS).  READ IT.

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Greg_Smits 

Sorry to see that you are having difficulties with your software. I will ask one of the support team to contact you to assist.

All the best,

Jason Hill
Community Manager

Rsunner
1 Post
Cover User

Accountright Premier on Cloud, Can someone let me know the speed on cloud.

Is it better thna desktop version?

Thanks

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Rsunner 

Welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it an invaluable resource for getting the most from your software.

The performance of the software will depend on many factors, including the size of your company datfile, the speed of your internet connection, the capabilities of your computer hardware and the tasks you are performing.

All clients who have a current subscription are welcome to try the new AccountRight, including online functionality. You could create a copy of your datafile and upload it to the cloud to see if it meets your needs. 

All the best,

Jason Hill
Community Manager

lisa-c
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User

I"m on a trail and so far, i have hit so many walls. I didnt think i would loss so many functions. and each day i find more,

Version 19, is still the best at the moment, But as i have to make so many changes i dont know what to do .

i have been getting help with importing but that is only one issue. Not sure how long i can take the stress this program has creative,

I work double the hour i did before i got this. and still it is not working . Speed does not help every thing has a delay. Why??

I feel like we are  guineapigs and we are finding the issue for you.

I would have recommend myob but not at the point and time , You guys have alot of work to do still to get it running smoothly.

I got told it was a straight change over with benefit. Im still to see this.  

Hope we can work thugh it my trail has two days to go.

Smiley Frustrated

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @lisa-c 

Sorry to see that the new AccountRight hasn't met your expectations so far. We do understand there are some adjustments to make when moving from the classic platform and are happy to assist you to get the most from your software. If you'd like assistance from our support team with anything, please let us know. We would be happy to help.

Regarding performance, please work through the suggestions in our Support Note New AccountRight running slow. It contains many steps you can take to help improve the speed of AccountRight. Please pay particular attention to the section on antivirus exclusions as we have found this can have the most dramatic impact on performance.

All the best,

Jason Hill
Community Manager

TIO
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

hi

if i move to cloud Myob, how much the cost would be ?

is that same amount as annual subscription?

thanks

Merrin
229 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @TIO,

If you're an existing cover client, you can upgrade your file to the latest AccountRight version (currently 2014.4) at no extra cost.

While you maintain an active subscription, you can keep your file in the cloud. 

Hope that helps,

Merrin

TIO
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi Merrin

thank you for your explanation

how to upgrade to the new version 2014.4 my company file is already.myox

thanks

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for the update, @TIO.

You can download the latest version (v2014.4) from My Products >> Downloads section of your my.MYOB log in

Do let us know if you have any trouble accessing the download or upgrading your file.

Cheers,

Suja 

BarryNZ
3 Posts
User

So in 2014 (on this thread it was noted that the 24% of user who utilize multi currency will have to wait to get cloud based software. 3 years later what is happening?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @BarryNZ

At this stage we are currently still investigating multiple currency inclusion in the AccountRight 201x range. The main focus is on adding it into the purchases side of things and adding the same across to sales. However in saying that at this stage we don't have a direct time frame for when this will be included into the AccountRight range.

WaggaSteve
5 Posts
User

ODBC

I have been OS for 15 years so am in catch up mode. Doing some work for a charity using MYOB AccountRight and Officw 2007 (dont know- just got appointed to the Board).  15 years ago I used ODBC extensively and would like to activate and use it again. The instructions n the MYOB site dont match my setup-Windows 10 - and searches for MYOB ODBC find primarily 3rd parties selling paid versions of ODBC with equally obtuse instructions.  Wheres my best source of help please and TIA

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,861 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi @WaggaSteve , what version of AccountRight are you using. See Help, About...

WaggaSteve
5 Posts
User

Product:AccountRight Plus 2024.10

Build: 2024.1.14

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,861 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi @WaggaSteve , in that case you will need to get to grips with the API,  as the ODBC was for v19. Go to developer.myob.com for more info, its the MYOB Business API you want.

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,328 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @WaggaSteve,

Thanks for your post. I would like to check if you're still having this issue? If so, feel free to post again and one of us will be happy to assist you.

You can also visit this help article for more information about: Minimum system requirements

Regards,
Earl

WaggaSteve
5 Posts
User

Sorry, you're going to look at a previously frequently reported issue now if I am still having trouble ?

If you have identified the cause of the problem and fixed it, shouldn't you be saying that and getting confirmation your fix worked?

Yes I am still having the same issue and your feedback system doesn't work