Export your profit & loss reports to display them your way

MYOB Staff Post Erik_V
25 Posts
MYOB Staff Post

New to the Profit & loss Beta is one of our most exciting features yet - exporting your profit & loss report as a PDF or Excel file.

Exporting profit & loss reports

Have you created an insightful profit & loss report and want to share it with your team? Or just want to print it out to store offline? Now you can in just a few simple steps!

From within the Profit & loss Beta page, click Export to display the dropdown menu.

export dropdown.png

You have the option to export the report as an Excel file...

export excel.png

or as a PDF file.

export pdf.png

On the PDF file, the accounts and time spans are clearly displayed and evenly spaced, so nothing is cut off or lost between pages.

When they finish downloading, the exported files can be found in your Downloads folder. What you do with them next is up to you!

For more information on the Profit & loss Beta report, check out the MYOB Essentials help centre.

5 Comments
Graham4184
4 Posts
Cover User

Why has MYOB Essentials lost the ability to drop extracts into excel. I used to be able to do this ... for example the Chart of Accounts but no longer. This is not progress. Going backwards.

Graham4184
4 Posts
Cover User

BTW I know that I can export to excel for P&L and Balance Sheet but I need other accounts and extracts too.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
20,772 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @Graham4184

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

Within MYOB Essentials certain reports can be sent through to Excel using the Export option and selecting Excel from the drop down. These reports include the Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet reports. Other reports only include the option for the PDF extraction through the browser's PDF function or Printing to PDF.  A PDF to Excel converter would need to be used to convert that PDF file into an Excel workbook.

To my knowledge, I'm not aware that the Accounts List in MYOB Essentials has ever been exportable to Excel. If that information is required in an Excel format you would be running the Account List report, generating a PDF and then converting that to Excel.

Graham4184
4 Posts
Cover User

Essentials is great in some respects but the lack of portability to excel for almost anything other than a p&L and balance sheet puts it back in the dark ages. Seriously MYOB it's time to give your loyal customers some flexibility. Exports to excel can be done with 2017.1 so why not with essentials?

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
20,772 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @Graham4184

Thanks for the additional feedback in regards to MYOB Essentials.

AccountRight and MYOB Essentials are two different programs and run off two different systems thus have two different sets of features and functions.

In terms of exporting other reports to Excel, to my knowledge, we don't have any immediate plans to increase the number of reports to Excel however it may be something that we do look into for the future of MYOB Essentials.