Helping you keep your business information more secure

MYOB Staff Post Erik_V
25 Posts
MYOB Staff Post

Over the next few weeks we'll be rolling out some changes to the way you sign in to Essentials - ensuring a smoother sign-in process and improved password security.

Sign-in with ease

First, we've taken out the Remember my email option (we'll do that automatically now), and replaced it with the option to Stay signed in for 12 hours, which is perfect for those who need to access their business often.

stay signed in.jpg

During this period, you won’t be prompted to sign in to Essentials. After 12 hours you will need to re-enter your email address and password.

Know the strength of your password

Speaking of your password - we've added a helpful strength rating when you create a new password.

password strength.jpg

You never have to worry again if your password is too short or easily guessable.

Learn more about signing in to Essentials. And stay tuned, as there are even more security enhancements coming soon.

13 Comments
RKDieselSvcs
1 Post
Cover User

Do we also get purchase order numbers on our customer statements?

Can we also search using a customers purchase order number?

Contributing Cover User Drawcard
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User

A password generator is nice but there are some pretty major features that are missing from MYOB Essentials that would be great to have, like:

• The ability to duplicate invoices and quotes (currently we have to copy and paste content between browser tabs if we want to create an amended quote / invoice)
  • Adding a subject line to invoices and quotes (which can then be imported into the email template)
  • Better quote & invoice summary views, that displays the subject line - so we can tell invoices apart aside from the amount or item number

These items would really make a difference for MYOB users. I know this is probably not the right place to post these requests but I've had an issue open about it since 2015 and it's not been resolved.

debbiep6625
1 Post
Cover User

It would be good if we coud print out deliery dockets and didn't have to go into contacts every time to change the deliery address.

TimN
8 Posts
Cover User

To me this is an inconvenience not an enhancement!!  My laptop requires a password whenever I leave it for a few minutes so I don't have a problem with the MYOB system retaining my login credentials.  You should give customers a choice to stay with the current system or switch to only 'stay logged in for 12 hours'.   You've given me another reason to consider moving to a new accounting service from 1 July 2017.  

Trusted Cover User LCrowhurst
174 Posts
Trusted Cover User

why have you done this? 

RobDymalla
1 Post
Cover User

I too have had nothing but trouble since you "enhanced" the sign-in process.

On my PC I'm required to log-in about every 12 minutes.......... forget the keep me signed-in for 12 hours!

I never had this issue prior to the "enhancements". It is so painful to be in the middle of some work only to have to go through the process again, sometimes having to reenter the details 2 or 3 times.

In my opinion this enhancement is poorly executed and not providing a sense of quality or a good experience from your product. Stop messing with silly things and give us a basic, robust product to match others on the market. I'm sometimes embarassed when comparing MYOB to friend's other programs that are so intuitive and feature rich. I would change tomorrow if it weren't for the fact that I don't have the time to invest setting up another program and populating it to get going.

Community Manager Suja_P
5,446 Posts
Community Manager

Hi @TimN, @LCrowhurst and @RobDymalla

Thank you for your feedback relating to the recent changes to the sign-in process. We are always to working on improving your experience on our software. Our team is therefore keen to get a better understanding of your concerns.

I have taken the liberty of passing on your contact details (based on the account linked to your forum user) to our team. We will be in contact with you shortly.

Kind regards,

Suja Pillai
Social Support and Community Manager
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd

Trusted Cover User LCrowhurst
174 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Hi i keep getting this page when i log in, im not doing either of the things it suggests might cause it).Smiley Frustrated MYOB.PNG

Acses
1 Post
Cover User

Well I can't even set it up.

I have downloaded the App, entered the codes and I keep getting error messages.

What a waste of my time and as this is going to be compulsory now I guess I will have to call to MYOB, be put on hold, transfered to numerous staff members untill I can find someone to help me. So much for an  "enhanced" the sign-in process. This new process should be voluntary as I am really not interested nor feel it is required.

Look after your customers MYOB and give them what they want. There are plenty of other web based accounting systems out there!

DazzaW
2 Posts
Cover User

I have set up 2 step sign in and it works without any problems.

My question is how will it affect when my accountant or anyone else I've authorised when they try to log in?

My daughter in law is a book keeper and I sometimes get her to do some work on my accounts, will she still be able to log in?

Community Manager Suja_P
5,446 Posts
Community Manager

Hi @DazzaW,

Thank you for your enquiry. Two-factor authentication  (2FA) is specific to your user account, not your file. By you enabling 2FA for your log in, it will not impact other users accessing your file. Each person can choose to opt-in to 2FA for their account.

Kind regards,
Suja Pillai
Social Support and Community Manager
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd

Experienced Cover User becn
80 Posts
Experienced Cover User

@Erik_V strange - I've never ticked the stay logged in for 12 hours however everytime I go into MYOB essentials on my laptop it always has both my username and password filled in - I just click sign in.

I really don't think this is right???

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
20,772 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @becn

It sounds like it is being remembered by the actual browser. A quick test to check if that is the case is to ensure that you are not logged into Essentials, open a private/incognito window in your browser and see if it populates that login data. If that data is not being populated, it is being stored by the browser and clearing your cache would be the way to go - you may even need to clear out saved login information - How do I disable remembered passwords in my browser would be able to assist with that process.