Helping you keep your business information more secure

MYOB Staff Post Erik_V
17 Posts
MYOB Staff Post

Over the next few weeks we'll be rolling out some changes to the way you sign in to Essentials - ensuring a smoother sign-in process and improved password security.

Sign-in with ease

First, we've taken out the Remember my email option (we'll do that automatically now), and replaced it with the option to Stay signed in for 12 hours, which is perfect for those who need to access their business often.

stay signed in.jpg

During this period, you won’t be prompted to sign in to Essentials. After 12 hours you will need to re-enter your email address and password.

Know the strength of your password

Speaking of your password - we've added a helpful strength rating when you create a new password.

password strength.jpg

You never have to worry again if your password is too short or easily guessable.

Learn more about signing in to Essentials. And stay tuned, as there are even more security enhancements coming soon.

5 Comments
RKDieselSvcs
1 Post
Cover User

Do we also get purchase order numbers on our customer statements?

Can we also search using a customers purchase order number?

Drawcard
9 Posts
Cover User

A password generator is nice but there are some pretty major features that are missing from MYOB Essentials that would be great to have, like:

• The ability to duplicate invoices and quotes (currently we have to copy and paste content between browser tabs if we want to create an amended quote / invoice)
  • Adding a subject line to invoices and quotes (which can then be imported into the email template)
  • Better quote & invoice summary views, that displays the subject line - so we can tell invoices apart aside from the amount or item number

These items would really make a difference for MYOB users. I know this is probably not the right place to post these requests but I've had an issue open about it since 2015 and it's not been resolved.

debbiep6625
1 Post
Cover User

It would be good if we coud print out deliery dockets and didn't have to go into contacts every time to change the deliery address.

TimN
8 Posts
Cover User

To me this is an inconvenience not an enhancement!!  My laptop requires a password whenever I leave it for a few minutes so I don't have a problem with the MYOB system retaining my login credentials.  You should give customers a choice to stay with the current system or switch to only 'stay logged in for 12 hours'.   You've given me another reason to consider moving to a new accounting service from 1 July 2017.  

Trusted Cover User LCrowhurst
137 Posts
Trusted Cover User

why have you done this?