1 Post
Partner
1stCall_IanT

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Account Edge Pro to WIndows conversion

Hi,

I've inherited some files from the previous bookkeeper.  They are Mac files, apparently Account Edge 15.  I need to open them on AccountRight 2017.  How do I do this, please?

Thx

2 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
6,011 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

6011Posts

632Kudos

819Solutions

Re: Account Edge Pro to WIndows conversion

HI @1stCall_IanT

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of helpful information.

Unfortunately, AccountEdge files, after AccountEdge v9, are unable to be converted or opened in AccountRight 2017. Your only option would be to pick a date, such as the start of the financial year, and create a new file within AccountRight. This file would have opening balances drawn from the closing balance of the existing AccountEdge file.

Alternatively, you could consider using the AccountEdge partner edition which is a Windows progam that allows AccountEdge files to be opened. This partner specific program does have some minor restrictions on what you can do within the file, however most functions can be used.

Do feel free to post any other questions that you may have

Regards
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Ultimate User gavin12345
1,682 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
gavin12345
Ultimate User

1682Posts

1367Kudos

265Solutions

Re: Account Edge Pro to WIndows conversion

Hi @1stCall_IanT

If using the partner edition as suggested by @Neil_M doesn't work for you (you mentioned you wanted to open in AR2017), google 'AccountEdge Conversion service' - this is the only place that can convert AccountEdge files to AccountRight (either v19 or AR2017). Nothing is lost or modified during the process - there is a fee however.

Regards

Gavin

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post