Can't convert report to excel format

Experienced User hweanzinga
24 Posts
Experienced User
Papua New Guinea

Can't convert report to excel format

Hi

I can't export/convert reports to excel format, please help. Attached is the error message popping up every time I try convert to excel format.

image (9).png

Your assistance is very much appreciated.

Hilic Weanzinga

3 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
5,061 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Re: Can't convert report to excel format

HI @hweanzinga

Thanks for your question

Generally speaking, that particular error message means that AccountRight is unable to find the template that it uses to create the export to Excel. Often this can happen when you install AccountRight and the permissions are incorrect to write to that location.

If you had a previous version of AccountRight installed upon that computer that did perform the export to Excel, then you can locate the template files in the previous version and copy them to the location specified in the error message.

Tip to locate the Spreadsheet folder of the previous version, you can substitute the version number in the error message for the version number that would export successfully to Excel.

Alternatively you would need to reinstall AccountRight with full Windows Administrator permissions. You can find out more about this process on our help article, Install AccountRight. To ensure that the installer runs with full Windows Administrator permissions, you can right click on the installer and choose the option to Run as Administrator.

Do let us know how you get on with this

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Experienced User hweanzinga
24 Posts
Experienced User
Papua New Guinea

Hi Neil,

When I try to upgrade AccountRight v2016.2 it requires me to pay membership subscription. Please outline how would I/my organization benefit from the subscription payment.

Thank you.

Hilic Weanzinga

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
5,061 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @hweanzinga

To clarify, the resolution to the above error that you are experiencing does not require upgrading your version of AccountRight to a newer version. It requires following the steps outlined in my previous post.

If you do go onto a subscription then you do gain a number of benefits through the AccountRight Live Services. I do recommend having a look through the different services to see what will benefit you and your business.

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post