Cover User
Australia
mickymoose
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB 2017.1.19 wants to close when I reverse a spend money transaction,

Hi All, MYOB 2017.1.19 wants to close when I reverse a spend money transaction, this has also happened in the past. The date is not in a locked period.Can anyone tell me if this is a known issue? I have a work around so don't need an answer on how to fix the original transaction.

Are others having this problem, it is intermittant.  Any idea when is this going to be fixed. 

3 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
6,011 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

6011Posts

632Kudos

819Solutions

Re: MYOB 2017.1.19 wants to close when I reverse a spend money transaction,

HI @mickymoose

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of helpful information.

Are you able to clarify when you try and reverse the Spend Money transaction, what exactly happens? Do you get an error message? If so what is the exact wording of the error message?

One of the most common error messages is the “somethings gone wrong and AccountRight needs to close” and if you are receiving this error then down in the bottom left hand corner of the error message are the words “View error log”. Clicking on this will bring up an error log that we will need to see to understand the cause of the error and what you can do to prevent that error coming up.

Do let us know how you get on with this

Regards
Neil
MYOB Client Support
mickymoose
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
mickymoose
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Neil

Yep saved the log, see attached. 

I have a spend money transaction in a prior bas period that needs to be reversed.

I changed in preferences to reverse, went into the transaction, edit - reverse, click record and then get the message.. Something's gone wrong and AccountRight needs to close. 

Thanks 

Regards

Michelle

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
6,011 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

6011Posts

632Kudos

819Solutions

HI @mickymoose

Thanks for that error log, it was very helpful in understanding what was going on with your file. Out of curiosity are the transactions you are trying to reverse recurring transactions?

Our team are aware of an issue where if you have a specific option ticked on the recurring transaction and try and reverse it, that it produces the error that you are experiencing. The specific option and where it is located is detailed in our help article, Error: DataException (10000).

I do hope this article helps,

Regards
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post