Forum Discussion

Jeffrey1
Contributing User
2 years ago

bank rules are not working

Hi. I am using MYOB essentials and cannot get the bank rules to work.

To clarify I am in Australia using NZ Essentials as the business is based in NZ so the financial year is ending March 2023. 

It is a new entity so we have not used before.

We set up the bank feed in early July to load all transactions back to April 1st 2022.

Set up all contacts and raised invoices from April 1st to current.

Put in place as per bank transactions bank rules so that customer payments would be easily allocated to the correct debtor account/invoices.

When we set up the automatic bank rule the bank transaction notation changes from "allocate me" to "possible invoice match found" But when you try to match this transaction the system cannot even find a close match.

Can some one please advise what could the problem be. I have had no joy dealing with the call centre and I urgently need to resolve this issue. email direct would help if need be (jeffreyunderwood@bigpond.com)

Jeffrey

13 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    LRBooks61
    Ultimate Cover User

Hi Jeffery

if the bank feed transaction is saying it has possible matches you should be able to expand the entry ( little arrow at the end)

the possible matches should be displayed there when you open the transaction 

you should then be able to select which one to match

hope that helps

Lisa

Jeffrey1
      Contributing User

When I expand with the little arrow as you say it then wants to match with every possible transaction.

When I then ask for close matches is says there are no results when it is still saying there a possible invoice matches ???. See image below. MYOB please help!!!!

LRBooks61
        Ultimate Cover User

Hi Jeffrey 

Your screen shot doesn't show up unfortunately

Instead of changing to close matches try putting the contact in instead and see what that brings up

Lisa