Forum Discussion

Liz_A
Valued User
12 days ago

How long does it take for an Import to show?

I have Imported a Chart of Accounts (Categories is just WRONG) in MYOB web version of some sort and have received an email telling me it was successful but I still can't see the codes a couple of hours later. Luckily I'm not sitting at the client's because it would be embarrassing to explain why I can't enter the opening balances because MYOB doesn't show the account codes. Please advise when I can expect to see the codes so I don't keep having to log in to check?

Regards

Liz

Liz_A
    12 days ago

Hi Doreen_P 

UPDATE - Even though the import email showed no errors, I hadn't included the Parent Account so this is why it didn't work. Fixed now.

Thank you for your response. I have done all of this and also tried a different browser and it still hasn't imported. There are no error messages, so I'm at a loss as to why this isn't working. It means I have to enter the codes manually and I either charge my client for the time, which isn't fair to them, or I do it for free due to MYOB's poor programming, which isn't fair to me.

Regards

Liz

3 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hey Liz_A,

It sounds like you're experiencing a delay in seeing the imported Chart of Accounts in the MYOB web version. Typically, after importing, the account codes should be visible almost immediately. However, there can sometimes be a delay due to system processing times.

Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot:

1. Refresh the Page: Sometimes, simply refreshing the browser can help.
    2. Clear Cache: Clear your browser's cache and cookies, then log back in to see if the codes appear.
    3. Check Import File: Ensure that the import file was correctly formatted and that there were no errors during the import process.
    4. Re-import: If the issue persists, try re-importing the Chart of Accounts.

Best regards,

Doreen

Liz_A
      Valued User

Hi Doreen_P 

UPDATE - Even though the import email showed no errors, I hadn't included the Parent Account so this is why it didn't work. Fixed now.

Thank you for your response. I have done all of this and also tried a different browser and it still hasn't imported. There are no error messages, so I'm at a loss as to why this isn't working. It means I have to enter the codes manually and I either charge my client for the time, which isn't fair to them, or I do it for free due to MYOB's poor programming, which isn't fair to me.

Regards

Liz

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Liz_A,

I'm glad to know that the import file has come through already. And thank you for sharing what you did to fix the import file. This will help other users with similar issues.

Best regards,

Doreen