Forum Discussion

CHTP
Cover User
6 months ago
Solved

MYOB closes when opening offline file after upgrade to 2013.10

• Hi CHTP

Thanks for your post. Please allow me to extend to you a very warm welcome to the Community Forum. We apologize that you are facing issues opening your offline company file after upgrading. We appreciate your understanding on this matter. 

We have seen several cases of offline company files that, after an AccountRight upgrade, are not opening or closing unexpectedly or generating a Something has gone wrong. We do have an AccountRight hotfix tool for this that resolves this error, the instructions are available on the following Community Forum post - Unable to open the recently upgraded company file. 

Please do not hesitate to post again if you need help in the future. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information. 

Cheers,   
    Leneth

3 Replies

Leneth_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi CHTP

Thanks for your post. Please allow me to extend to you a very warm welcome to the Community Forum. We apologize that you are facing issues opening your offline company file after upgrading. We appreciate your understanding on this matter. 

We have seen several cases of offline company files that, after an AccountRight upgrade, are not opening or closing unexpectedly or generating a Something has gone wrong. We do have an AccountRight hotfix tool for this that resolves this error, the instructions are available on the following Community Forum post - Unable to open the recently upgraded company file. 

Please do not hesitate to post again if you need help in the future. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information. 

Cheers,   
    Leneth

• None of the suggestions help. Following the instructions to extract the exe file, etc and then to open the impacted file ends with an "unhandled exception ..." dialogue box which then goes nowhere.

From frustration, I agreed a couple of weeks ago, to migrate the file to Business Lite (for an additional fee, of course) which I didn't really want to do, but as I need to work with the file, I went along with the migration so, at least, I can keep using the file.

Leneth_A
      MYOB Moderator

Hi CHTP

Thanks for your post and welcome here to the Community Forum. We apologize for any difficulties you have encountered after upgrading to 2023.10. It seems like you have encountered a technical problem that is preventing you from opening the file and running the AccountRight Hot Fix tool, which you already did. In this case, if you receive the "Unhandled exception error" when running the hotfix, this means that you are using the Silent Installer. From this link, kindly scroll down to the second post, which will provide you with information about the error. Please let me know if you are still encountering issues after installing the SQL server. 

Cheers,   
      Leneth