Forum Discussion

APEARS
Cover User
7 months ago
Solved

Sign in

Why is MYOB asking for email and password everytime I sign in from the same PC. a few weeks ago it just asked for password.

• Hi APEARS,

Thank you for your response. I'm sorry to hear that our previous response didn't address your query effectively. Your satisfaction is important to us, and we want to ensure we provide you with the best possible support.

Regarding your concern with the sign-in process, once you open the software, it will ask you for your email and password. This is because of the changes that have been made with the security enhancements. The system keeps you logged in for 12 hours, and you may get the email and password prompt after that, as well as the 2FA trigger prompts depending on various factors like you’re logging in from the same computer, location, etc. For further information about this, kindly refer to our Community forum post, Update: Improved Security 2FA Changes.

I hope this helps address your query. Please let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'm happy to help.

Cheers,

Princess

7 Replies

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi APEARS,

Thank you for your post. 

Regarding your concern, as we updated our security for MYOB log ins recently you may select the prompt "Trust this device for 30 days" or "Remember this device" upon signing in. This will remove the prompt to enter your email and password. In case you had already done that and you are still being asked for email and password when you sign in it could be for one of these reasons. 

• You have logged in using a different browser or computer.
    • Your browser settings are clearing cookies when you exit the browser.
    • Your antivirus software is clearing your cookies.
    • You are signing out of AccountRight.
    • You have updated AccountRight.

The "Trust this device" setting is saved by the browser you are using and will only remember one user at a time. So, if someone logs in to their account after you and selects Trust this device, you will be asked for a log in credential and 2FA code next time you sign in. If you need further assistance, please feel free to post again. We are happy to assist you.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
    Shella

Shella_A
      MYOB Moderator

Hi APEARS,

Hope you are doing well. We would like to follow up on your concern. Kindly let us know if you still need further assistance. Don't hesitate to reach out to us. We are delighted to assist you.

Cheers,

Shella

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi APEARS,

Thank you for your response. I'm sorry to hear that our previous response didn't address your query effectively. Your satisfaction is important to us, and we want to ensure we provide you with the best possible support.

Regarding your concern with the sign-in process, once you open the software, it will ask you for your email and password. This is because of the changes that have been made with the security enhancements. The system keeps you logged in for 12 hours, and you may get the email and password prompt after that, as well as the 2FA trigger prompts depending on various factors like you’re logging in from the same computer, location, etc. For further information about this, kindly refer to our Community forum post, Update: Improved Security 2FA Changes.

I hope this helps address your query. Please let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'm happy to help.

Cheers,

Princess

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi APEARS,

Hope this post finds you well. Please be informed that we are now closing this case, as we were not able to receive updates. Feel free to start a new post in the future if you encounter any further issues.

Cheers,

Shella