Forum Discussion

RPD
Trusted Partner
4 years ago

Motor Vehicle Schedule

I see in the 2020 MV Worksheet you have taken away some fields for additional information.

Can these be restored as I used them to make notes about odometer readings at the start and end of the year, plus extra logbook information?

Makes it a lot easier on the actual return so I don't need to record this info in other places.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello RPD 

Thank you for your question and apologies for the delayed response. 

I had a look at the comparrison between the 2019 and 2020 MVE schedule, and i can see that section 03 Schedule W other information has been removed in the 2020 return.

This section has been removed because the work-related expenses schedule (schedule W) have been omitted from the 2020 tax return. This change was due to the ATO decommissioning a few schedules, such as Work-related expenses schedule (W).

If you would like to enter notes in certain parts of the return, what you can do is click into a field and press P9 on your keyboard. This will bring up a notes section soley on the field you have clicked into. 

Example:

To see the changes made in the 2020 returns, I highly recommend having a read through our 2020 release notes: MYOB AE/AO release notes—2020.0 (Australia)

Regards,

Sandy
    Client Support Representative

RPD
      Trusted Partner

Hi Sandy.

Yes, I know about the Notes but they are terribly messy.  They don't also print out wth the tax return.

Why can't you just add a couple of lines to the worksheet again?

Sandy_C
        MYOB Staff

Hi RPD 

What I can do is raise an enhancement request for you for an additional information section in the MVE schedule. 

I do have to let you know, however, that because the notes are already there to record any additional information needed, this will most likelty be of a low priority request and will be dealt with accordingly. 

Regards,

Sandy
        Client Support Representative