Forum Discussion

Zoey667
Contributing User
6 months ago
Solved

Electronic clearing account is not 0. after i did reconciliation

Hi team,

Just a confusing question about electronic clearing account. I did reconciliation for my normal bank account. And then I found the balance of electronic clearing account is not 0. And the total amount is payroll amount which I did pay run. And I checked journal entries, each employee's salary has been recorded by my normal bank account. So I don't know how to clean up electronic clearing account. Is there anyone help me with this problem? I am very confusing about this. Thanks! 

• Hi Zoey667,

Thank you for your response.

The amount in the electronic clearing account may be due to transactions not yet reconciled. It doesn't necessarily mean you didn't prepare an electronic payment. When you prepare electronic payments, it should offset the electronic clearing account.

Regarding your second question, if you've set your bank accounts for electronic payments to be linked with the electronic clearing account, after a pay run, it should appear in the prepare electronic payment function. When you proceed with preparing electronic payments, it's expected to reconcile and clear the electronic clearing account to 0.

If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to reach out.

Cheers,

Princess

5 Replies

• Hi Zoey667,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the community forum.

Thank you for reaching out with your query about the electronic clearing account. I understand this can be confusing, and I'm here to help.

One option to resolve this is to create a new bank account via Accounts >> Accounts Lists >> New. After creating the new account, set it as the Bank Account for Electronic Payments in Setup >> Linked Accounts >> Accounts & Banking. By designating the new account as the Bank Account for Electronic Payments, it will effectively hide all existing transactions from that window.

Alternatively, you can also clear transactions in the Prepare Electronic Payments window. By reversing or deleting the transaction, this can be done by selecting the transaction and going to Edit>>Reverse/Delete transaction. If you reverse a transaction, it will create the option back in the Prepare Electronic Payments window, so you can tick both transactions off to have zero effect.

Please let me know if you require further assistance with this. I'm happy to help.

Cheers,

Princess

Zoey667
      Contributing User

Hi Princess,

Thanks for you reply. But could you please tell me why it has amount in electronic clearing account? Is this means I didn't prepare electronic payment? If I do prepare electronic payment, it will be offset. Is this right?

Another question is about prepare electronic payment, after I did pay run, this pay run will occur in prepare electronic payment function, right? And if I do prepare electronic payment, electronic clearing account will be clean to 0. Is this correct for my understanding?

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Zoey667,

Thank you for your response.

The amount in the electronic clearing account may be due to transactions not yet reconciled. It doesn't necessarily mean you didn't prepare an electronic payment. When you prepare electronic payments, it should offset the electronic clearing account.

Regarding your second question, if you've set your bank accounts for electronic payments to be linked with the electronic clearing account, after a pay run, it should appear in the prepare electronic payment function. When you proceed with preparing electronic payments, it's expected to reconcile and clear the electronic clearing account to 0.

If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to reach out.

Cheers,

Princess