Forum Discussion

3 days ago

Bank Reconciliation Balances change after reconciliation

Hi There, 

I have started doing some work for a client in MYOB Business. There company file started 1/7/2023 with bank feeds active.

I can only explain with my example. I have reconciled July no problem, August no problem, September i have reconciled and matched to bank closing balance. However, now when i go in to the file and enter 30/9 date again (i would expect the balance to be what i entered as a closing balance), the balance is out by $570. I havent done anything other than reconcile the account and going back in to start the next month but my O/Bal is out for no reason. I have attached screen shots of before reconciliation and after.

Please help as i have 18 months work of transactions to reconcile.

Thanks

Isaiah_C
    MYOB Moderator

Hi LForeman,

I see that after successfully reconciling for August, the balances seem to have changed after reconciling September. This issue could potentially be caused by adjustments or transactions that have been backdated or entered incorrectly after the August reconciliation. 

Here's a link to a detailed guide on resolving out-of-balance bank reconciliations. It provides step-by-step instructions to help troubleshoot and fix the reconciliation issues.

Regards,

Sai