Forum Discussion

BrendanLM
Contributing Cover User
2 years ago

Manage Bank Feeds

Under Manage Bank Accounts and credit cards I have a card name 'importedfromfile - visa' and the associated account is Visa - i cannot delete/remove this and i cannot use the account 'visa' for the credit card that i am setting the bank feeds up to (5290) - i have attached a pic of this.

SamaraM
    2 years ago

Hi Leisha (BrendanLM)

As the option to Import From File is only available on the Web Browser, then you will need to undo it on there as well. 

To do this:

1. Click on Open in web browser then sign in
    2. Open Banking > Bank transactions
    3. Open Import Statement 
    4. Select the relevant bank account in the drop-down
    5. Click on the ⦻ at the end of the row then confirm Delete 
    6. Now it has been deleted, you can assign that bank account to a new feed 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information. 

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SamaraM
    Former Staff

Hi BrendanLM 

I'm sorry to see that no one has replied to you yet. You won't be able to delete the bank feed if there are transactions matched against that bank feed.

To be able to use the number again you would need to unmatch all the transactions, then remove the account number under the associated account. Once the number is no longer being taken, then you can associate that account number to your new bank feed. 

Hope that helps.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

BrendanLM
      Contributing Cover User

Hi

thanks for your response however it does not help.

We have not used Bank Feeds against this account before and the card name is not relevant to us - did you look at my attached document? I have attached the screen dump again.

This is where we do not understand how our Visa account is connected to this Card name and we have not done a reconciliation against this card.

Thanks

Brendan

SamaraM
        Former Staff

Hi BrendanLM 

Sorry if I did not clarify enough. Where it has "ImportedFromFile" that means that the transactions were imported rather than brought through by the BankFeeds system on the Web Browser. You will not be able to unassociate that account until the transactions have been unmatched.

Hope that helps.