Forum Discussion

sandmerc
Cover User
3 days ago

offline use after cancelling subscription

Hi currently considering moving from Accountright Plus to Business Pro.  I have tried to find the answer to this but am unable.  If I use MYOB Business Pro and in say, 5 years, cancel my subscription cause the business closes down, can I still access the file as a read only file?  Can it be saved offline?  Thanks

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi sandmerc,

After you cancel your MYOB Business subscription, you can still access your file for 30 days. After this 30-day period, your file will no longer be accessible, as MYOB Business/browser cannot be accessed in read-only mode after cancellation.

For detailed information, please see this help page: Cancelling your MYOB subscription

Regards,
    Earl

sandmerc
      Cover User

OK, thanks.  Can the data be exported?  30 days isn't a long time.  Given the requirement to keep records for 7 years, how do I access the data if needed after 30 days?  Is it just lost forever?  That seems very unlikely to me.

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi sandmerc,

You can definitely export your data from MYOB Business. This way, you can keep your records for the required 7 years, even if you decide to stop using the service. Check out this link for all the steps you need to follow before canceling your account, including exporting data and printing reports.

Additionally, MYOB stores your data in top-notch data centers and cloud servers, which automatically back up your data online every week and keep it for six months.

Cheers,

Princess