Forum Discussion

Linesman
Experienced User
2 months ago

Partners and Account Managers

I recently migrated from AccountRight to business lite. I had an MYOB "Partner" assist with this. I now receive my invoices directly from the Partner which never happened before. It appears that the Partner is in charge of the account which prevents me from accessing MYOB support. See message received from MYOB:

"For this kind of subscription, your partner oversees any request or changes to the account. As much as I want to help you with the query, it is MYOB standards to follow these protocols...."

I presume this arrangement is favoured by the Partner because they can "clip the ticket" on the invoices. Clearly the Partnership is between MYOB and the Partner. Is certainly does not feel like I have a partnership with anyone!

Unfortunately the Partner is unresponsive and often wants to charge me for things I could do myself with some support from the MYOB helpline.

How do I extract myself from this Partner and regain control over my account?

Linesman
    Experienced User

Thanks. I think I have just about had the necessary changes made so I can access support. Do you know what phone number I can use to get assistance for Business Lite software  please? I asked co-pilot but they gave me a wrong number!

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi there Linesman

I know how frustrating that can be. To gain control over your account, your partner has to raise a case to change the set up of the account like from partner to client. Have them check this link for detailed steps on how to raise a case.

Best regards,

Doreen