Forum Discussion

Simjovi
Experienced User
28 days ago

leave Entitlements

I need help with leave entitlements -they keep dropping out - to give you the back story

set up leave entitlement quite a while ok , go forward 2 years approx - do to run payroll leave entitlements showing as 0.00 for both Annual and sick , ring myob they tell me to set up new entitlement categories - so i did now i have two lots of Annual Leave ( Annual Leave Fixed  and Annual Fixed 2) and Sick Leave ( Sick Leave Fixed  and Sick leave Fixed 2) , i tried to combine them for one employee as they were complaining the leave balance was wrong on the pay slip as was only showing the 2nd line , after i combined them i went to run the next payroll Leave entitlement for Sick leave was back to 0 again so not accruing and i cant select the any other entitlement category when i go to pay it out it only lets me select the entitlement category that is being used currently, please help me !!!!!

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Simjovi,

It's certainly unusual that the leave entitlements don't accrue. If your employees don't accrue leave, the calculation basis for the entitlement is often not correctly set. You may need to check the entitlements setting to see if it matches how the employee is paid (hourly or salaried). Additionally, it's worth checking to see if the employee in question is set to be exempted from that entitlement.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you need any more help.

Thanks,
    Genreve

Simjovi
      Experienced User

Hi Genreve

Thankyou for your offer for help , if you could let me know how to get in touch with you that would be great i moved the entitlements on the weekend to one category for Annual leave and Sick Leave and it has done the same thing again to me it stopped accruing Annual leave for Some employees and Sick leave for others, im sure im probably doing something wrong but i dont know how to fix it and now im manually entering each pay the leave entitlements :-(

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Simjovi,

The move of entitlements to once annual leave and sick leave might have started the accruing issue. For now, it might be best to reach out to support as this needs deeper troubleshooting and forum moderators are not dedicated support agents. You can reach out by creating a support ticket in the My Account page or going through virtual assistant MOCA to get routed to the live chat team. 

Regards,

Genreve