Forum Discussion

9 days ago

HELP! Receiving lump payments from MYOB & not matching?

Bear with me, still fairly new to MYOB but I can't for the life of me understand how to wrap my head around this.

I run a service-based business, so sometimes sending multiple invoices a day to clients via MYOB. All good there- but when MYOB deposits the funds into my account 2-3 days later, I'm assuming is a lump sum payment of said invoices that were paid. 

The issue I'm finding is sometimes MYOB will automatically match it, but other times its unallocated. As it's a lump sum, I obviously need to link it to the invoices to match the amount? But I'm having a hard time trying to find and match these multiple transactions, I also haven't been getting customers to put in a reference number when paying so I have no idea what's what... as there's multiple invoices, with different amounts. All I can see is that it's been paid, and the invoice number but that doesn't match the description on the transaction either?

I hope this makes sense to somebody!!! Thankyou

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi queenoflaundry,

If you are finding it hard to manually match the online invoice payment transactions to the bank feeds, that is because online invoice payments are supposed to match automatically to your bank feeds. Here is a link to a guide to automatically matching your online invoice payments and what might hinder the process from succeeding. 

For the payments that are already recorded, you can check the Online Payment report to identify which lumpsum each payment is included in. Additionally, you need to make sure that the payments you are trying to match to your bank feed is not part of a previous reconciliation or marked check in in the reconcile accounts window to make sure they appear in the bank transaction window. 

Don't hesitate on posting again if you need any further help.

Thanks,
    Genreve