Forum Discussion

6 days ago

Help with invoicing in MYOB business lite

Hi, 

I have MYOB business lite, and I issue invoices to a builder requesting part payment of a purchase order they issue to me for their total amount/payment of the job for me to build a house etc. We do not draw the total amount ie Total of job        $10,000

Draw week 1      $2,000

Draw week 2      $5,000

and so on until we draw the final balance.

Is there a way of listing the total of job and the draw taken each week so I have a running total of what the balance is each time? I have tried to do it on the invoice, and it shows the balance due but not what I am drawing on the day. If I put that days drawing in the 'amount paid' the amount is further reduced and is incorrect.

Can anyone help me to do this right or however please?

thanks

Michele

Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Michele-H,

To address your specific need of listing the total job amount and the draws taken each week to maintain a running total of the balance, you should create multiple invoices for each draw since they involve different payment times. Use the Job tracking feature to link all these invoices to a specific job. This will help you monitor the total amount invoiced and the remaining balance for the job. But, it would be best to consult with your accountant on how to manage those weekly draws too.

Cheers,

Princess

Isaiah_C
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Michele-H,

If you have any additional concerns in the future, please feel free to post again.

Regards,

Sai