Forum Discussion

KimH6
Experienced User
2 months ago

ATO error code: CMN.ATO.PAYEVNT.EM92172

Hello

I received a Rejected status on the pay for one of our employees last week - it gave the error code ATO error code: CMN.ATO.PAYEVNT.EM92172.  I have tried the ATO and MYOB websites to find a way to resolve this, but there does not seem to be an answer.  I reconciled the pays in MYOB against STP2 Reporting and this reconciled.  I then checked that particular pay in the ATO Portal and it is listed under Employees - it doesn't show any issues.

I've never had a Rejected pay before and it concerns me.

How do I resolve this and ensure that everything is going to be ok at the EOFY ?

Thanks

1 Reply

Jemar_C
    MYOB Moderator

Hi KimH6,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the community forum!

This usually happens when a record with the same submission ID already exists, i.e., a duplicate document. It occurred when the employer representative re-lodged a document that was terminated.

More than likely, the ATO encountered an error when that payrun was processed, and that report is now stuck awaiting the ATO to process it. Please check if you have successful payruns before and/or after to make sure it wasn’t just a once off.

Continue attempting to submit the pay event until it goes through. In the background, each time a pay event is submitted, it uses a new submission ID number. By continuing to attempt to submit the pay event, you're forcing the system to find the next free submission ID number.

If you still have further questions please feel free to write a post again.

Cheers,
    Jem