Forum Discussion

CCN
Experienced User
4 years ago
Solved

Import costs added to inventory

We import jars - and on top of this there are import costs via mainfreight after jars arrive.

To reflect the correct jar price.   What is the correct method.

1. Do an "adjustment to item value" - which I have tried.  This gives the correct average cost.  But I am uncertain if I code to 1-1308 packaging (I inventory this item) / or 5-2120 Import Costs (same as Mainfreight) / or 5-1110 Purchases-Packaging (I buy this item)

• Hi CCN 

An inventory adjustment where your increasing the on hand value of the items would be one way to add additional costs to the value of the items. The cost of which would be spread across the items on hand.

As for which account to code the adjustment to, I recommend discussing this with your accountant. They will be able to advise you of the appropriate account to record the adjustment

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Neil_M
    Former Staff

Hi CCN 

An inventory adjustment where your increasing the on hand value of the items would be one way to add additional costs to the value of the items. The cost of which would be spread across the items on hand.

As for which account to code the adjustment to, I recommend discussing this with your accountant. They will be able to advise you of the appropriate account to record the adjustment

CCN
      Experienced User

Steven

Thanks I will accept resolution. 

Suddenly I am receiving ALL the MYOB queries from various people filling by inbox.  Can you please stop these being emailled to me.

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi CCN 

MYOB Community Forum emails are based on posts you have subscribed to. If you are receiving unwanted emails we do recommend viewing your subscriptions/notifications. See Forum Help - Subscriptions and bookmarks for more information.