Forum Discussion

WMack
Experienced User
3 years ago
Solved

URGENT PROBLEM Error 229 Location Invalid on Quote when importing

Having enormous issues with try to find out what the problem is here and after being on hold for 2 1/4 hours to MYOB in Africa no closer to knowing the fix.  I have roughly 400 entries to import urgently so could really do with some useful help.

Note:  I am exporting from Accountright Plus into Accountright Premier.

I have also tested by entering in a Sales Quote into Premier, exporting and importing back into Premier, same error applies which doesn't make any sense.

• Hi WMack 

Looking at the import error log it tends to indicate that a record is being skipped due to an error with the location on that import file. 

If you don't use locations within the company file you are importing into I would be removing that field from matching. For example, the Import/Export Assistant would look like the following:

This should allow the import of the transaction as the system should be defaulting to the default location. 

If you do use locations within the file you are importing into, I would recommend ensuring that you do have the same name for the location within your file as that of the import file.

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi WMack , if you are importing to the current AccountRight, using fields designed for this version, then your import file needs to have "{}" in line 1 (no quotes, and nothing else), so your column headings will begin on row 2. 

Without the "{}" characters, AccountRight live assumes that the file contains fields designed for importing to v19 files. 

Your import file includes a column for "Total Inc Tax", which is a v19 import field, and should not be included in this import. (If the import file was designed for v19 imports, then it would also need an "Inc-Tax Price" field (and various others).

WMack
      Experienced User

Thanks Mike, I have done as you suggested but I'm still getting the same error (it did make the matching of fields easier tho)

BUT I noticed in the Items there is now a Location field which I don't have populated in the Items List - I'm thinking it could be to do with this BUT (again) the Location tab isn't highlighted in Items, otherwise I'd add it and import again to test

• Hi WMack 

Looking at the import error log it tends to indicate that a record is being skipped due to an error with the location on that import file. 

If you don't use locations within the company file you are importing into I would be removing that field from matching. For example, the Import/Export Assistant would look like the following:

This should allow the import of the transaction as the system should be defaulting to the default location. 

If you do use locations within the file you are importing into, I would recommend ensuring that you do have the same name for the location within your file as that of the import file.

WMack
      Experienced User

Hi Steven

Only just saw this after I replied to Mike and yes it's what I think as well.  How come the Location isn't highlighted in Items ?

Mike_James
        Ultimate Partner

Hi WMack , that tab is only available if you have created more than one location (under Lists).I would follow Steven's suggestion. 

WMack
      Experienced User

Thankyou!! 

After nearly 6 hours of live chatting, phone chatting with some weird suggestions as to why you have both helped me through the forum.