Forum Discussion

3 days ago

Sick Pay Entitlement not rolling over

I have realised that our sick pay entitlements have not rolled over for this financial year?

Looking into this further it shows the 'payroll year end - carry remaining entitlement over to next year' button is greyed out and cannot be ticked?

Is there a way of rectifying this so the hours owed roll over please?

Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi KFraser,

Welcome to the Community Forum!

If the "Carry Remaining Entitlement over to next year" option wasn't ticked during setup, any unused entitlements won't carry over to the new year. If this setting was missed and the entitlement has already been used, you can't change it retroactively. Instead, you'll need to create a new entitlement category and transfer the balances to correct the error.

Another reason could be the sequence of events: the new payroll year doesn't fully activate until you record the first payroll of the new year. I recommend ignoring it and processing the pays as usual. Once the pays are recorded in the new financial year, the entitlements should carry forward correctly.

I would also recommend generating an entitlement balance detail report for the previous payroll year to confirm the balances. This will help identify if the issue is with the rollover process or the initial setup.

Cheers,

Princess