Forum Discussion

gnatara1
Contributing User
2 years ago
Solved

Tax File Declaration

What is the latest on Tax File Declaration?

Somewhere I read with the implementation of Phase 2 we no longer need to send physical copy of Tax File Declaration form. Has it been in place now? Do we need to still send the physical copy?

If it is implemented in Phase 2, how is it done online?

• Hi gnatara1

STP Phase 2 transitions have been paused, this means that users will not be able to move to STP Phase 2 as of yet as our teams are making some improvements. In the meantime if you're still on STP 1 you will need to submit the TFN declarations as you would usually.

Do let me know if you have any further questions.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi gnatara1

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forum ! Information collected from TFN declarations – including the TFN itself, is included in STP Phase 2 reports and the declaration itself will no longer need to be sent to the ATO. At the moment STP Phase 2 transitions have been paused while our teams make some improvements. More information on this is available on this Help Article

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

gnatara1
      Contributing User

Hi Melisa

Thanks for your response. I am still confused with your answer. 

You say that with the implementation of STP Phase 2 we don't need to send TFN Declarations. You also say that phase 2 implementation is paused. What does that mean? In the meantime till phase 2 is fully implemented and the pause is released do we need to submit the TFN declarations? Thanks 
        Melisa_D
        Former Staff

Hi gnatara1

STP Phase 2 transitions have been paused, this means that users will not be able to move to STP Phase 2 as of yet as our teams are making some improvements. In the meantime if you're still on STP 1 you will need to submit the TFN declarations as you would usually.