Partner Zone

AccountRight missing bank feeds, intermittently

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
JoeW
Experienced Cover User
56 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

56Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

AccountRight missing bank feeds, intermittently

After a number of questions from my accountant I am re-reconciling my main CBA company bank account. A number of transactions (confirmed present in bank statements) are not present in the bank feed.

I confirm the transactions are neither Hidden nor Approved. They're simply not there.

I have so far detected seven transactions in a sequence from 06/02/2020 to 11/02/2020. All transactions in that sequence are missing from the bank feed.

How to resolve this? Should I extract these from my bank account and import them? (Does that even work for an account using a bank feed?) At this point I assume I will find more than these missing as I complete reconciling against actual bank statements so I'd like a repeatable solution.

5 REPLIES 5
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: AccountRight missing bank feeds, intermittently

Hi @JoeW 

If we have received the bank feeds we would typically push those feeds through to the relevant company file. In some rare cases, we get in a situation where we have pushed those transactions but they haven't come through as intended. For these situations as we have sent the data we would not be able to resend it thus the user would need to use the Import Statement function to get that data in their file.

In saying that, if you would like to send me a private message with the following information so we can review the situation:

• The serial number of the company file - Setup>>Company Information
  • The company file ID of the file - Help>>About AccountRight
  • The bank account number of the feed
  • The date of the transactions that are not included
  • A copy of the bank statement/missing transactions*
  • A screenshot of the Bank feeds window not showing those transactions (would need to see one for Current, hidden and Approved).*

*If you are sending that information through private messages you would need to upload those screenshots as images using the Photos option when composing the message.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

JoeW
Experienced Cover User
56 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

56Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Thank you @Steven_M , I'll send you through those details at some point today.

It's good to know that Import Statement is a self-sufficient way for users to correct the situation when we find it, but it sounds like there is a possibility of duplicate transactions in the Bank Feed if a message is merely delayed or stuck somewhere in your queues. As these transactions are from 2020 I'm reasonably confident that they are just lost. I understand how to deal with it should my efforts and yours result in duplicates (just Hide the duplicates in the Bank Feed).

JoeW
Experienced Cover User
56 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

56Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Sent by private message with all requested details.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @JoeW 

As discussed via private messages, due to a change of feeds during that time those feeds were not sent through that file. However, our team is looking at re-sending that data through to that file - should be available later this week if not already.

Probably worth calling out, if you are going to use the Import Statement function in the Desktop, I would recommend actually using the Import Statement function in the browser interface. It is more forgiving if you do need to click off and open another transaction in the browser (Desktop would just close the window making you repeat the import process).

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

JoeW
Experienced Cover User
56 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

56Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Thank you for your help and such a fast turnaround.

The missing transactions are already in the bank feed.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post