Partner Zone

Add Link Account for Purchase Payment (other than Cash/Bank)

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Liliana
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Singapore
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Add Link Account for Purchase Payment (other than Cash/Bank)

Hi,

Kindly need your solution for how to: Add Linked Accounts for purchase paymet (other than cash/bank) - in the Purchase Easy Setup Assistant Module

I need to use another account for payment, becoz there are some cases happened, such as: there is double payment before, so for the next account payable invoice from supplier will hit directly into Prepaid Exp (instead using the Bank Account).

Thanks!!

3 REPLIES 3
Kym__Yeoward
Ultimate Partner
1,690 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,690Posts

616Kudos

128Solutions

Re: Add Link Account for Purchase Payment (other than Cash/Bank)

Go to Accounts / Accounts List, then find your asset account "Prepayments", click in the white arrow to Edit it and change its' Account Type to Bank.

You will then be able to enter the Bill Payments for your prepaid purchases and post them to this account.

Do NOT select this bank account as your default account for bill payments, in Purchases Easy Setup Assistant - Linked Bills.
Instead, ensure the default payment account is your regular bank account.

Note :
You have posted this query in the Essentials forum - suggest next time you post it in the AccountRight forum and mention the Singspore or Malaysia product version you are using - e.g. MYOB Accounting.
CloverQ
MYOB Moderator
8,961 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

8,961Posts

762Kudos

1,367Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Thank you for your enquiry @Liliana

I trust that you find the suggestions from Kym is useful to you. Since your query is regarding AccountRight not Essentials, I've also moved your post to the AccountRight board.

On a side note, when you over paid your supplier you could record the full payment against the original bill, which would result a debit note automatically for the overpaid amount. When you need to pay the next bill you can then go to Purchase Register > Returns & Debits > select the debit note and apply it to the new bill. This way you don't actually need to create a new bank account then.

I've noticed you are from Singapore, while your contribution is welcome here, this Community Forum is designed to support the Australian and New Zealand products. The Singapore version of software may not work exactly the same, it may be best to refer to your local support: http://www.myob.com.sg/.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Liliana
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Singapore
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Dear Kym & Clover,

thanks, really appreciate your solution.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post