Automatic Allocation of Bank Feeds

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
MichaelEFM
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Automatic Allocation of Bank Feeds

I have noticed that since the last upgrade we now have deposits to our bank account being automatically allocated to open sales invoices that we have in our system. 

Ordinarily this would be considered a good thing because it saves time matching deposits to your sales invoices, my problem is that we operate a business where the vast majority of our invoices are prepared on behalf of other businesses and we need to know when each invoice has been paid so that we can forward the payment on to the other business.

We don't have any rules set up to automatically allocate bank feeds to sales invoices so I am guessing this a system wide upgrade and I am wondering if there is a way to turn this functionality off for our business.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Automatic Allocation of Bank Feeds

Hi @MichaelEFM 

With some recent updates, additional preferences have been added with regards to  Bank Feeds. These can be enabled (or disabled) through - Setup>>Preferences>>Banking

• Auto-approve bank transactions matched to MYOB transactions
    • Auto-allocate bank transactions to outstanding MYOB invoices or bills

If you are not wishing to have that auto-allocation of MYOB invoices or bills, do navigate to that preference window and disable that bottom preference.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

MichaelEFM
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Steven, much appreciated.

RJR
1 Post
User
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

having the same issue with automatic bank feed, checked the preferences as you suggested and the box for Automatic Matching is not ticked.  Is there another way of disabling this function?

Cheers

Roger

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @RJR 

When the company file is stored online with AccountRight, users would automatically have the bank feed transactions loaded into the company file i.e. there is no requirement to select Get Bank Transactions. 

In terms of automating the process of matching and allocating, the Banking preferences outlined in my previous post on this thread will control whether or not the transactions are auto-approved and auto-matched. This is in addition to the rules set up with the company file which would be applied to those incoming bank transactions.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post