BANK FEEDS - how to delete an old closed account linked with bank feeds

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
BLSurvey
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

BANK FEEDS - how to delete an old closed account linked with bank feeds

I have two bank accounts linked to the bank feeds, one account is active and works, the other account is closed.  I would like to delete this account from the bank feeds link but am unable to..... not sure why. In the bank feeds window the active account will display a warning pop up stating "A bank feed is not associated.  Click Manage bank accounts and associate an account to the bank feed".  As this bank account is Active and works every day so it must already be associated.  How do I get rid of this annoying warning ?? I have been puting up with is warning for about 3 years and each time I have asked a question on how to fix, there is no answer....... can anyone help!

thanks ericka

6 REPLIES 6
Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: BANK FEEDS - how to delete an old closed account linked with bank feeds

Hi @BLSurvey 

That particular message means that there is one or more bank feeds that don’t have an associated account, regardless of the status of the bank feed.

If the feed that doesn’t have transactions coming through and thus a bank account inside your file to associate with, you will need to create a new bank or credit card account in your account list to associate to the bank feed

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

BLSurvey
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Neil,

thanks for your reply..... but now I am confussed.....

if a bank account is active and i am recieveing transactions in and out of the bank fees, how is it that this bank account is not associated ?

I dont want to create a new bank account as the one that is active is working perfectly.  

the old bank account is the issue and needs to be deleted as it no longer exists, but the system will not allow this. So now I have a bank account on the bank feeds that is closed and correct current bank account that is working perfectly, however I still have this annoying pop up warning... Smiley Sad  I have attached some print screen shots so you can see what I look at each day !

if you have a solution please let me know.

thanks Ericka

print screen - bank feeds associated accounts.jpg
print screen - bank feeds warning note.jpg
Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Hi @BLSurvey 

Although the warning may come up when you are receiving transactions on a particular bank feed, it doesn’t necessarily relate to that particular bank feed.

Instead it means that one or more bank feeds on the Manage Bank window, in this case from your screen shot its your old bank account, which doesn’t have an associated account with it. When all of the bank feeds, regardless of their status, have an associated account with them you will stop seeing that warning message

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

BLSurvey
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Neil..... so does that mean I need to assoicate the closed account in bank feeds, even though the account does not exist and is not associated with anything pertaining to the business ?

if the answer is yes..... what do I associate it with ?? ie: the current bank account is assigned to 1-1100, will I need to create a new code or assign it with the same code (1-1100), if I create a new code, it will appear in the reports ie: balance sheet  ?? (which is a bit messy!)

thanks Ericka

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Hi @BLSurvey 

That’s correct. Each bank feed in the Manage Bank Feeds window needs to have an account entered into the Associated Account field, regardless of the status of the bank feed.

As mentioned, if you didn’t have a corresponding account inside your company file for a bank feed, you would need to create a new one in the Accounts List. Each account in your company file can only be associated with a single bank account, so you won’t be able to use any bank accounts associated with other bank feeds. As each account needs a unique account number and cannot use the same number as another existing account.

Generally speaking, unless you choose the option to include accounts with zero dollar balances, reports will only display accounts that have balances and transactions against that account in the file. If there were no transactions or balances then the account would typically not be expected to show up on reports.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

BLSurvey
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Neil, I have created a new code and fixed the issue.  thanks for your patience.

ericka

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post