4 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Bank Feed Double Up

For a client we are finding a recurring double up error with bank feeds. They use Bendigo Bank in case that is relevant.

Transactions will appear twice on occassion. One seems to be sourced via the bank feed and one does not - we have been deleting the one that is not which fixes the problem, however it keeps recurring and causing issues with the bank reconciliation. It is not obvious when this is happening, they are only found later when bank reconciliation is done and there is unreconciled transactions which turn out to be doubles.

They are identical but for the ID and they are not being inputed manually by anyone which was our initial thoughts. 

Where others have had this before previous reasons have been that if you undo a bank feed allocation and then redo that it is retaining the original and therefore creating two when you reallocate. However, when trying to recreate this it doesn't happen. This doesn't make much sense to me and a bit disturbing if MYOB has this error anyway.

It seems to be two transactions are created at the same time when allocating - one reconciled one unreconciled. Anyone know how this can be stopped?

3 REPLIES 3
Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
5,166 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

5,166Posts

736Kudos

807Solutions

Re: Bank Feed Double Up

Hi @Lenny2014 

Thanks for your post. What software is your client using? You mention allocating transactions so I'm thinking it's Essentials, if not please do let me know. 

I'm not aware of any issues with allocating bank transactions recording two transactions in the software. I understand that this is happening randomly but if you could provide screenshots next time it happens that would be really helpful. Typically we only see duplicate transactions if a user has entered a transaction in the software then allocated the bank feed instead of matching it to the recorded transaction.

If you can send those screenshots to me by private message I'll be able to investigate this further for you.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Lenny2014
Partner
4 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

They were AccountRight 2020.4 but have upgraded this week to current version.

Will send a screenshot.

Beansmutts
Partner
29 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

29Posts

16Kudos

3Solutions

Just a thought

Could they be coming from recurring transactions?

Gill

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post