Bank Feed Error Message

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Beancounterdr
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Bank Feed Error Message

Hi,  I recently started using bank feeds in Accountright.

Currently enter daily tills into "Receive Money".   All Debtors are handled through separate POS.  So when debtor payments are made directly into the bank account, they are rung through the till/POS and entered at  the end of the receive money transaction with the daily banking.  

This means there may be several payments in each daily Receive Money transaction, using the bank account code.    Sample redacted transaction attached.

Bank feeds recognises and wants to match the transaction beautifully, but then this error message comes up, screenshot attached.  

Then I can press refresh as often as I like, but it won't accept, match & approve the transaction.  It is so frustrating as matching would really help.

So is there a limit of 1 payment per transaction for approval and can this be adjusted in some way?

I did try using the undeposited funds menu, but that really means a lot of double entry and it is far quicker to just forget bank feeds and enter as I did before., which would be pretty sad.

I hope someone is aware of a better solution for this one, please let me know.

Screenshot 2022-06-17 175147 BAnk Feed Error Message.png
Screenshot Receive Money Transaaction.png
2 REPLIES 2
LRBooks61
Ultimate Cover User
1,054 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

1,054Posts

214Kudos

124Solutions

Re: Bank Feed Error Message

Hi 

A suggestion

Rather than entering the till details as receive moneywhy not try entering an invoice

You record your daily sales as an invoice then receive the money through bank feeds

I see that your cash receipts include trade debtors and other debtors. That can be problematic also.

So with the bank feeds ( if I understand correctly)

You would recieve the debtors payments individually in myob ( to undeposited funds ) then record the one deposit to the bank to ensure it reconciles with your POS sale, on the seperate POS .

So the Sales over the counter are entered as an invoice (daily sales perhaps, and you can set up as recurring) to pick up the GST and GST Free transactions.

In the bank feeds the eftpos would be received against that invoice and any cash banked can be allocated at that time and also against several daily sales invoices.

The Debtors paid daily should be recorded against the outstanding invoices and allocated to undeposited funds and at the end of day deposited to the bank and matched to bank feed

Hope this is helpful

Lisa

Beansmutts
Partner
51 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

51Posts

16Kudos

5Solutions

Re: Bank Feed Error Message

Hi Beancountdr

Bank Feeds are the actual transactions on the bank.  Your journal is a summary.

In your Journal instead of using the bank account number use a clearing account, then either do a spend or receive money for the day from the clearing account to the bank for the amount that actually hit the bank.

Gill

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post