Bank Feeds not matching transactions

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
RichardT
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

8Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Bank Feeds not matching transactions

Hello,

I can't seem to be able to match transactions that I have earlier entered into MYOB with the amounts in the bank feed. When I go "Find" it doesn't show up eventhough all details are correct.

This includes an electronic payment I made for multiple supplier payments. This always matches automatically and I just click "Approve", but it's not happening this time.  Thanks.

Update: Worked it out. All good now.

4 REPLIES 4
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Bank Feeds not matching transactions

Hi @RichardT 

I can see that you have resolved your enquiry.

Just thought I would add the key things what are used to ensure to that the necessary bank transaction is available for matching for bank feeds in AccountRight:

• The AccountRight transaction has the same date and amount as the bank transaction
  • The bank account is the same one used to receive the feeds in on
  • The AccountRight transaction is not marked as cleared (is ticked) or reconciled in the Reconcile Accounts window.

Generally, checking the Bank Register for the transaction ensuring that is the correct dates and amounts before seeing if the transaction appears in the Reconcile Accounts would be what I would doing to ensure that it is available for matching.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

andrea_wr
2 Posts
User

2Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hello,

I'm having the same issue as well. The payment that was processed matches the value of the electronic payment recorded in MYOB, same date, correct bank account. But still can't get the payment to match the electronic payment. 

Any tips would be great.

Thank You

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @andrea_wr 

Assuming that the accounts, dates and amounts all match up I would be looking to see if the transaction is listed in the Reconcile Accounts window for that account. If it is listed, does it have a tick next to it? If so, then unticking that transaction should make it appear for matching. If that transaction is not listed but does appear in the Bank Register for that account it is likely that the transaction has already been reconciled in AccountRight. Hiding the bank feed transaction (right-click on the bank feed transaction and select Hide transaction) is the best way to deal with that feed.

Should that transaction not appear in the Reconcile Account window, providing a screenshot of the below values would be recommended so we can investigate in more detial:

• the bank feed transaction
  • the AccountRight transaction
  • A copy of the Bank Register Report for that transaction date with Reconciliation Date column added (Show/Hide Columns).

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

andrea_wr
2 Posts
User

2Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

Unticking the transaction in the Reconcile Accounts list fixed the issue.

Thank you! 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post