37 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

37Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Bank Rec out after reconciled

This is now the second time this has happened.

I have just completed September bank rec and although i have every transaction ticked it is out. All previous bank rec's balanced and nothing was left outstanding. I have undone the rec's to July 21 which have all been reconcilled and I haven't changed anything or deleted anything and have found that a entry that i had put in July is now gone.

I have asked all who have access to the file and they haven't changed or deleted anything. 

This is now the second time something like this has happened, could somebody advise what might be going wrong.

2 REPLIES 2
HDG
Experienced Cover User
37 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

37Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Missing invoices in In Tray and Registers

The issue regarding reconciliation has occured again and i've reposted about it. 

I have completed the bank rec for September (all previous months were completed and reconciled) and i've put all items in and ticked off but it still didn't reconcile so i undid all past reconciliations to July 21 and found that an amount previously reconciled and on file is now no longer there and other clean up's that i have done in the card file and accounts list have now changed as well. It's like the file has reverted to an older time and i'm working on old information.

I've checked with others that have access to this file and nobody has made any changes.

I'm also still having the slowness issues - in all honestly it's getting worse.

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
5,411 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

5,411Posts

508Kudos

800Solutions

Reconciliation issues

Hi @HDG 

If you're using MYOB AccountRight, sometimes this can happen due to a glitch in the reports. So we can confirm that's the issue, can you please do the following:

1. Check Last Reconciled date on Reconcile Accounts window.
  2. Go to Reports > Banking > Cheques and Deposits > Reconciliation Report
  3.  Select Advanced Filters
  4.  Select Individual bank account > OK
  5.  Select Change Entered Statement Date to List of Recorded Statement Dates and Run Report
  6. Click on Statement Date to see all statement dates

If the latest date on this report does not match the last reconciled date on the reconcile accounts window, that means there is an issue with the report. In order to correct it, take a backup of your file, and

1. Go to Banking > Reconcile Accounts
  2. Enter a fake date after the latest statement date: e.g. 01/08/2023. Ignore the message about the transaction being future-dated.
  3. Enter the Calculated Statement Balance into the Closing Statement Balance field, so that the Out of Balance is $0.00
  4. Press the Reconcile button. This should then allow you undo the 'fake' reconciliation and any other future dated transactions and the transactions should show up for you to reconcile again.

Let us know how you go on.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post