Bank Rec prior cleared transactions showing on current bank rec

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Kyliegr
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Bank Rec prior cleared transactions showing on current bank rec

Hi, When i complete my bank rec for the month and print the Reconcilation Report,  Old Transactions going back to December 2020 are showing as"Cleared Cheques" & "Cleared Deposits"

The bank account balance is correct - its showing previously been reconciled amounts 

Capture.JPG

Thanks for your assistance

5 REPLIES 5
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Re: Bank Rec prior cleared transactions showing on current bank rec

Hi @Kyliegr 

This is only expected to happen if reconciliation is done out of order, for example, the period 31/08/2021 is reconciled before 31/07/2021. If that's the case, you will have to undo the reconciliation back to the offending period and then reconcile again.

Please also check the following:

• When you go to Banking>>Reconcile Accounts, do those older transactions appear in this window?
  • If you run the Reports>>Bank Register report and add in the Reconciled date, do those older transactions have a reconciled date against them? ( To add Reconciled date column, go to Insert/Modify>>Show/Hide>>Show Reconciled date)

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Kyliegr
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Hi,

• When you go to Banking>>Reconcile Accounts, do those older transactions appear in this window? - No these do not show
  • If you run the Reports>>Bank Register report and add in the Reconciled date, do those older transactions have a reconciled date against them? ( To add Reconciled date column, go to Insert/Modify>>Show/Hide>>Show Reconciled date) - No They do not show

I have also undone all the bank rec back until prior to the amounts showing on the bank rec and this also hasn't fixed the issue.

Thanks for your help

Kylie

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Hi @Kyliegr

You mentioned that the reconciled date for those transactions does not appear in the bank register report however, they have been reconciled (

• If you run the Reports>>Bank Register report and add in the Reconciled date, do those older transactions have a reconciled date against them? ( To add Reconciled date column, go to Insert/Modify>>Show/Hide>>Show Reconciled date) - No They do not show)

If the transactions were reconciled without any issues, the reconciled date should show against them in the bank register report. As dates are not appearing, it leads me to think those transactions are stuck in the reconciliation and not actually reconciled. 

Can you please try the following steps and let me know how you go on: 

Take a backup of your file, and

1. Go to Banking > Reconcile Accounts
  2. Enter a fake date after the latest statement date: e.g. 01/08/2023. Ignore the message about the transaction being future-dated.
  3. Enter the Calculated Statement Balance into the Closing Statement Balance field, so that the Out of Balance is $0.00
  4. Press the Reconcile button. This should then allow you undo the 'fake' reconciliation and any other future dated transactions and the transactions should show up for you to reconcile again.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Kyliegr
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi, I have just had a look and worked out that when i run this report:

you run the Reports>>Bank Register report and add in the Reconciled date, do those older transactions have a reconciled date against them? ( To add Reconciled date column, go to Insert/Modify>>Show/Hide>>Show Reconciled date

Those transactions are showing as Reconciled on 31/12/5020? How do I go about trying to fix this error?

Thanks

Kylie

Kyliegr
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions