Bank feed double up from December 2 on

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Haveago
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Bank feed double up from December 2 on

The issue from December last year reading the forum implies that it was sorted however we still have transactions in our system that are double ups. Was the fix accross the board or only for users that made contact. It is understood you can hide the transactions however this does not fix the issue.

9 REPLIES 9
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Bank feed double up from December 2 on

Hi @Haveago 

Thanks for your post. If you have duplicate bank feed transactions that were not removed by the fix applied by our developers you will need to hide those duplicates now. 

Bank feed transactions are not recorded transactions in your file. They just make reconciliation easier by allowing you to match/create AccountRight transactions. It's the AccountRight transactions that are reconciled and included in reports and balances. As such, hiding the duplicate bank feeds won't have any impact on your data.

Where you will run into trouble is if duplicate AccountRight transactions have been created due to the duplicate bank feed transactions. If this is the case, you'll need to un-approve the match and delete the duplicate AccountRight transaction. You can then go to the Bank feeds window and hide those duplicate bank feeds.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

McPherson1
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Just confirming that there was no fix for the MYOB error that created duplicate bank feeds in early December 2021? 

This error has to be correct by each user? 

Each entry has to be "hidden" and remain (incorrectly) as part of our business data?

When I right click on each of my duplicate transactions, the "hide transaction" option is greyed out.  Can you provide instructions on how to correct this.

I have tried phoning your Help Line but cannot spend hours on hold waiting.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @McPherson1 

Our developers applied a fix to remove duplicate bank feeds from users files. If you have duplicates that weren't removed during that process you will need to hide those transactions. If the Hide transactions option is greyed out the bank feed has been matched, you'll need to undo the match and then Hide transaction will be available.

Just to clarify on how bank feeds work in AccountRight. The bank feed transactions brought into your file allow you to match/create the AccountRight transactions for easier reconciliation. It is only the AccountRight transactions that are included in your business data so duplicate bank feeds have no impact on any accounts. 

The only time you'll have a problem is if duplicate AccountRight transactions have been created due to the duplicate bank feed transactions. In this situation you'll need to delete or reverse the AccountRight transaction. 

Please let me know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

McPherson1
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hello again Tracey_H

I just tried replying to your direct email response but have received automatic response saying that email address is not monitored.  Why did you ask me to let you know if I needed further help if my email response is not going to be seen, monitored or replied to? 

Can you provide me with a method where I can have two way communication with you.  The help desk number is useless.

Please.  

MYOB email.PNG
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @McPherson1 

The email you received is a notification that I replied to your Forum post, as such, it is a noreply email address. If you need further assistance you do need to reply on the Forum.

In that screenshot, if the first two bank feeds are duplicates click on the red X to unmatch, you should then be able to hide all the duplicates. 

Those first two transactions have a bank rule applied and AccountRight transactions have been created (bank feed transactions are on the left side, AccountRight transactions are on the right side). If the AccountRight transaction is a duplicate you will need to delete or reverse it. I'd recommend going to the Reconcile Accounts window and reconcile the account, you'll be able to easily pick up any duplicate AccountRight transactions.

Please let me know how you go.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

McPherson1
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey

I have done this and hidden the transactions.  

I'm not really happy with have incorrect transactions simply "hidden".  Does MYOB think that this is acceptable?  Is there any other way of managing this error by MYOB?  

Is it possible to have a conversation with somebody about this issue?

regards

Lisa

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @McPherson1 

I'm glad to hear that you've been able to successfully hide those transactions. As previously explained bank feed transactions (left side of the Bank feed window) don't effect the business data in AccountRight, as such, it is fine to hide the duplicates

If you would like to send me a private message with your serial number I'll be happy to assist further.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

RosieH
1 Post
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey

What fix is there for the double entries of bank feeds from 2-10 Dec. These amounts are still sitting in many of my clients files and it is becoming annoying the keep wanting to follow the rules in place . 

Can you suggest what we do to remove them or when will MYOB remove them ?

Regards

Rosie

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @RosieH 

Duplicate bank feed transactions from December need to be hidden by right-clicking on the bank feed and selecting Hide transaction.

Any duplicate AccountRight transactions created due to the duplicate bank feeds will need to reversed or deleted.

Please let me know if you need further help with this.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post