Bank feeds - not able to reconcile following work around for known problem in Accountright V 2019.3

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
sal2107
Trusted Cover User
66 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

66Posts

21Kudos

5Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Bank feeds - not able to reconcile following work around for known problem in Accountright V 2019.3

I managed to find a post yesterday (and now can't find it again, possibly due to the lack of appropriate board locations to post to) regarding the problem with Bank Feeds following the latest upgrade to V19.3. The work around is to drill into the transaction from Bank Feeds and change the ID number to that which you need it to be rather than the default next cheque number that is happening at the moment with 'rule applied' transactions in Bank Feeds.

Can someone please give me a work around now for after doing that, the transactions keep reappearing as unreconciled in Bank Feeds? They are also reappearing as duplicated transactions in Reconcile Accounts.

I am not able to reconcile our bank accounts using Bank Feeds at all, and who knows what kind of mess it will be in when the planned fix takes place.

Is anyone else having this problem? Yes, I have shut down MYOB and restarted again.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Bank feeds - not able to reconcile following work around for known problem in Accountright V 2019.3

Hi @sal2107 

As you have indicated, we are aware of an issue with AccountRight 2019.3 that Spend Money transactions generated from Bank Feeds will use the Cheque Number sequence rather than EFT. This is something that we are looking at addressing in our next update, AccountRight 2019.4 - no ETA however.

In terms of your current situation, it sounds like you have selected to Undo the matching of that bank transaction thus the transaction has not been matched. My recommendation would be to navigate to the Bank Register window, decide what transaction you wish to reflect that bank transaction. Once decided, delete the other transactions (open them up - Edit>>Delete transaction). After that has been completed, you would select the Find option on that bank feed transaction and select to match to that Spend Money transaction created.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

sal2107
Trusted Cover User
66 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

66Posts

21Kudos

5Solutions

Re: Bank feeds - not able to reconcile following work around for known problem in Accountright V 2019.3

Thanks Steven, it's all a bit of a mess - I've reconciled our accounts the 'old' way, deleted duplicate transactions in bank register and 'hidden' the duplicated transactions that are still coming through in Bank Feeds.

May I put forward a suggestion that an email or an alert be sent out to subscribers when known issues like this occur? If I had been aware of the problem when it first started 3 weeks or so ago, it would have saved me a lot of time trying to work out what to do (as I said before, this issue was really hard to find in the Forum).

Mandyv12
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Can the Bank Feeds be rectified to include the ID when setting up the rule.  As mentioned the bank feeds are coming up as the next sequential cheque number, which is double handling.  I then have to go to bank register and edit the transactions.  I have a lot of rules set up for 2 companies and this is very frustrating.  As Steven mentioned it will be fixed with the next update 2019.4, however there is no date for this update.  Obviously if it was working in 2019.2, it could be and should be rectified immediately!

ryanroy837
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for this information. It is very useful

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post