Bank feeds still duplicating and no response from MYOB

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

10,735Posts

0Kudos

1,186Solutions

Re: Bank feeds still duplicating and no response from MYOB

Hi @IanChait

If users are experiencing duplicates between the 1/12/21 - 12/12/21 our bankfeed team have advised they will need to hide these transactions. 

Do let me know if you have any further questions. 

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Sepali1
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

4Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Melisa, That is not true. Just hiding transaction is ok if they are not automatically matched.  Because they are automatically matched, the amounts are doubled up in the general ledger. 

I only figured this out that there is something wrong when I was filing my GST return and it was way over what I expected.

This is a quite a big problem.  You really need to take it seriously and understand the impact this is having on businesses.  And address it urgently before 31 of March - end of year.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @Sepali1 

As explained by @Melisa_D bank feeds is a tool which makes reconciliation easier. Bank accounts do need to be reconciled in the Reconcile accounts window. If duplicate AccountRight transactions have been created due to the duplicate bank feeds, they will appear in the Reconcile accounts window and the account will be out of balance.

As advised, to resolve this issue users need to:

1. check for duplicate AccountRight transactions
  2. delete/reverse any duplicate AccountRight transactions
  3. hide the duplicate bank feed transactions

Please let us know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Sepali1
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

4Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks Melisa,

But the problem is the automatic allocation of bank feeds.  Even after I have reconciled the bank . These transactions have sneaked in.  I have now unreconciled my bank upto April 2021.  But now I found out that reconcilliation is out by a transfer amount.  

I think I have to find a solution for myself as you are not helping at all.  Because you are not recognising the wider issue this is causing.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @Sepali1 

When a bank feed transaction is automatically allocated a matching AccountRight transaction is created. All transactions that are matched and approved in the Bank feeds window are automatically ticked in the Reconcile accounts window.

If there are duplicate AccountRight transactions ticked in the Reconcile accounts window the account won't reconcile as it will be out of balance. You would need to untick the duplicates to reconcile the account.

If you have reconciled December then have duplicates from December appear when reconciling January, untick and delete/reverse the December duplicates to reconcile January. As they are duplicate transactions they won't have any impact on the December reconciliation. The only time the duplicates will affect the bank reconciliations is if they have been reconciled previously.

Our teams removing the duplicate bank feed transactions won't resolve your issues as that only removes the bank feed transaction, not the AccountRight transaction. Users need to delete/reverse any duplicate AccountRight transactions.

Having said that. if your reconcilations are out back to April 2021 this won't be caused by the duplicate bank feeds issue as the duplicate bank feeds were transactions dated from the 1/12/2021 to 12/12/2021. You will need to go through the steps in this help article, Resolving out of balance bank reconciliations, to work out what is causing your out of balance.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Sepali1
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

4Kudos

1Solutions

What if you have reconciled up to 31 of January 2022.  And prepared your GST return on the 27th thinking all is good and sent it out on the 28th of Feb 2022?.    

I understand what you are saying. I have to fix it myself.  But you have to realise that this issue is not just about hiding bank feeds.  If you rely on a system, especially an accounting system - I think is vital for running of a business, if it is unreliable, you are vulnerable.   I have stopped using Online as it allocate payments to all sorts of invoices without asking.

You product has not lived up to it and you making it a simple  just hide the transactions and don't really address the issue.  Can I trust this will not happen again?. 

Yes I am on a rant. Paid MYOB for over 20year (its been great) and now I am thinking of moving on,

Anyway you have a good day Tracey.  I am not upset with you.
Wookie
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Yes I have exactly the same problem.  Additionally, I've got line items in my bank that have vanised on the reconciliation page, but still showing in the ledger.  I read on the site a few weeks ago not to delete the double entries as they were being looked at by MYOB but now this seems to have developed into an even larger issue.  Now I'm on the phone trying to resolve it all and I'm unable to restore old backups.  Any resolution yet MYOB?  2 hours 15 minutes on the phone and counting.

Wookie
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Yes I tried that and now it's created other issues.  Double entries on the other side while this one is fixed.  Smiley Happy

Wookie
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

You mean like I just did?  2.5 hours between being on hold and someone who couldn't help me and MYOB just hung up on me.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @Wookie 

Duplicate bank feed transactions in the Bank feeds window need to be hidden by right clicking on the transaction and selecting Hide transaction. Duplicate AccountRight transactions need to be deleted or reversed.

If you have AccountRight transactions not appearing in the Reconcile accounts window it indicates they have already been reconciled. You will need to check previous reconciliations, undo reconciliations as required, delete/reverse any duplicates and then re-do the reconciliations.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post