Bank feeds still duplicating and no response from MYOB

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
BayBags
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Bank feeds still duplicating and no response from MYOB

I have hidden the duplicates and performed a bank reconcilliation up to 31 Dec 2021 however now when I have gone back there is no bank reconciliation showing for that period and the previous periods are also out...

it did an auto upgrade would this be the cause or is it the hidden duplicates?   Is it possible to now go back and view the hidden transactions to see which are at fault?  If so how?

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @Louee 

I replied to your private message on the 14/04/2022 with detailed information on dealing with your account out of balance issue:

The duplicate bank feed transactions need to be hidden in the Bank feeds window. 

To clarify how the balances work in the Bank feeds window:

• Closing Balance - the account balance provided by your bank 
  • Calculated Balance - AccountRight transactions 

The balances in the Reconcile accounts window are:

• Closing Statement balance - comes from the Closing balance in the Bank feeds window or can be manually entered to match what is on the bank statement you are reconciling
  • Calculated Statement balance - last reconciled balance plus any transactions ticked in the Reconcile accounts window

As such, the duplicate bank feeds won't be affecting your balances. Bank feeds work by matching the bank transaction with the AccountRight transaction, automatically ticking the AccountRight transaction in the Reconcile accounts window for easier reconciliations. While bank feed transactions are stored in your file, they aren't included in balances, reports or business data.

It's the AccountRight transactions that are included in balances, so if you're having trouble reconciling your account in the Reconcile accounts window check for duplicate AccountRight transactions created due to the duplicate bank feed transactions. Duplicate AccountRight transactions will need to be deleted or reversed.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @BayBags 

Hidden bank feed transactions can be viewed in the Bank feeds window by selecting Hidden in the Display Transactions field. However, as it's the AccountRight transactions that are reconciled the hidden bank feeds won't affect your reconciliations. Duplicate AccountRight transactions created due to duplicate bank feeds will affect your reconciliation.

As the duplicate bank feeds were only in December and you mentioned that previous periods are now out of balance I'd recommend going through the steps in the Help Article, Fixing an out of balance bank reconciliation, to check what has caused the out of balance.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post