21 Posts
Partner
Australia

21Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Bank

Hi,

I have just opened one of my files to do the BAS, the bank didn't balance with the bank rec so of course I investigate, I know it balanced last time so the problem must be in the last quarter, so I go back to check the 31/3/21 and it does not balance either, WTF! so I start looking, transactions have disappeared, I am totally gobsmacked that I must not have balanced, then I undo the rec and keep undoing as not one month balances, 

then I realise that there are no transactions from 01/07/20-31/12/20, they ar all gone, by this time I am having a stroke, I look in the bank register and they are all there, but not in the Reconcile Accounts. What is going on? Please help I am about to cry.

Thanks In Advance

Kaye

1 REPLY 1
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
42,265 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

42,265Posts

5,718Kudos

6,307Solutions

Re: Bank

Hi @KayeSydenham 

For a transaction to appear in the Reconcile Accounts window the following conditions do need to be met:

• The transaction does need to be done the associated account you wish to reconcile
  • The transaction is dated on or before the bank statement date
  • The transaction is not already reconciled.

In your case, you mentioned that the transactions are appearing in the Bank Register, so they are included in the file. I would make sure that they have the appropriate account listed and the date of the transaction. 

Should those transactions have the correct account and dates, however, not appearing in the Reconcile Accounts window it typically means the transactions have been reconciled. You can check to see if this is the case, by running the Bank Register report and adding the Reconciled Date column to that report. This will give you the reconciliation date the transactions where reconciled under.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post