Can't repeat an electronic payment

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
FranciscoJZR
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Can't repeat an electronic payment

Hello guys,

First, I want to let you know that I am new in a company and I don't have still many experience, but I have the attitude for learn! So, I was doing reconciliation and it looks like the electronic payment of a payroll has been deleted, but not the payroll transaction. The transaction doesn't appear on the reconciliation, but in the bank statement. When I have checked the payroll transaction journal, I can find it, but I can't find it when I check in the Electronic Payments. 

Is there any possibility to repeat the electronic payment with the same transactions?

Thank you very much in advance and warm regards,

Francisco

8 REPLIES 8
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Can't repeat an electronic payment

@FranciscoJZR 

Hi Francisco

Thanks for your post. In situations like this, where you can find the transaction but it's not appearing in an account as expected, open the transaction and check the account and date:

1. go to Transaction Journal
  2. find the transaction and click on the zoom arrow to open the transaction
  3. check the details of the transaction, in this case, the Pay from Account

fran2.PNG

If the Pay from Account is the Electronic Clearing Account then the payment is an electronic payment. If it is not in the Prepare Electronic Payments window:

1. go to Find Transactions
  2. in the Accounts tab search by the Electronic Clearing Account
  3. find the electronic payments transaction
  4. click on the zoom arrow to open and check the Pay From Account, it should be your bank account

fran3.PNG

If the Pay From Account in the payroll transaction is not the bank account or electronic clearing account, then it maybe a payroll clearing account. Again, use Find Transactions to search that clearing account for the payroll transaction and a transfer transaction to move the amount from the clearing account to the bank account. If there isn't a transfer transaction, record a Transfer Money (Accounts>>Transfer Money). The Transfer Money From account will be the bank account and the Transfer Money To account is the payroll clearing account.

Please let me know how you go with this and don't hesitate to post further questions, we are happy to help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

FranciscoJZR
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hello Tracey,

Thank you very much for your answer! So, the account is the Electronic Clearing Account as you show. But, why can the reason be of not appearing when I am doing the reconciliation?

Again, thank you very much!

Warm regards,

Francisco

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @FranciscoJZR 

Is that transaction in the Prepare Electronic Payments window? If so, you will need to follow these steps:

1. tick the transaction
  2. click on Bank File
  3. a window will open with the message "The transaction will be recorded before the bank file is created", click OK
  4. the Save As window opens, click Cancel (normally you would Save the bank file but in this case the payment has already been made so you don't need to save the file)

A new transaction has been recorded transferring that amount from the electronic clearing account to the bank account so you should be able to reconcile now.

If the transaction is not in the Prepare Electronic Payments window follow these steps:

1. go to Find Transactions
  2. in the Accounts tab search by the Electronic Clearing Account
  3. find the electronic payments transaction
  4. click on the zoom arrow to open and check the Pay From Account, it should be your bank account

fran3.PNG

Please let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

FranciscoJZR
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey,

Again, thank you for your answer. It's not  in the Prepare Electronic Payments window. I have checked with this second option that you gave me and in the Pay from Account, the account is Electronic Clearing Account. Also, it-s with the gray arrow, instead of blue, so I guess it's closed teh transaction. So, what can I do to make it appear in the reconciliation?

Thank you very much for your time, Tracey.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @FranciscoJZR 

Just to clarify, in the Find Transactions window you are opening an electronic payment transaction not a pay transaction? Electronic payment transactions generally have an ID starting with EP. In my example I have opened EP000021 which opens the Prepare Electronic Payments transaction. The Pay From Account needs to be your bank account.

pep.PNG

If it is your bank account then the transaction has been transferred to your bank account. Make note of the date of the transaction and check in the Reconcile Accounts window for transactions posted on that date.

Please let me know how you go.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

FranciscoJZR
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Tracey_H ,

So, it's an electronic payment but the account is the "Electronic Clearing Account", not my bank account. Is there some way to transfer it?

Thank you for your time and patience!!

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @FranciscoJZR 

You've got a couple of options to transfer that amount to the bank account:

1. delete the Prepare electronic payment transaction and reprocess with the Pay From Account as the bank account
  2. Record a Transfer Money, Transfer Money From account is the bank account and Transfer Money To is the electronic clearing account

Transfer Money is found in the Accounts command centre and is used when you need to transfer amounts between your own bank accounts/credit cards or clearing accounts.

Please let me know how you go with this.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

FranciscoJZR
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hello Tracey,

Sorry for not being able to answer you these days. Thank you very much for your help, I did the transfer and I could finish the reconciliation. 

Thank you for your help and all the best,

Francisco.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post