Cannot reconcile - deposits not showing

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
aisha_lo
4 Posts
User

4Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Cannot reconcile - deposits not showing

I can't reconcile my bank feed, i have checked the previously reconciled date and amount and it matches. when i put the next date in it is short $844.48 which is 2 cheques which i banked.  the payments have been applied to the customers accounts correctly, but the cheques aren't sitting in the undeposited funds account for me to deposit into the cheque account.  I've changed my date in the reconsile account the a later date and it is still not showing. 

I have tried calling the helpline but it take hours to get through. 

4 REPLIES 4
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Cannot reconcile - deposits not showing

Hi @aisha_lo 

Thanks for your post. I'd look for those payment transactions in Transaction Journal>>Receipts tab. When you find the payment, click on the arrow to open and check the Deposit to Account. If the deposit to account isn't the Undeposited funds account you can change it so that it can be cleared in Prepare Bank Deposits.

Another place to search for those transactions is Find Transactions and search by Account. Once you find the transactions you can check the details, such as deposit account and date, and edit as required.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

aisha_lo
4 Posts
User

4Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

HI Tracey, 

Thank you for the reply, i can find the deposits and both of them are showing as being deposited into 'undeposited funds' however when i go to 'prepare bank deposit' they are not sitting there for me to deposit into the cheque account.  the dates are correct too.  Now i am getting behind on reconciling on bank account as I have been trying to figure this out for a few weeks now

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @aisha_lo 

My apologies for the delay in replying to you. If you can see that those transactions were paid into the undeposited funds account but they aren't in Prepare bank deposits, it indicates that you have already processed them through the Prepare bank deposits window. 

The next step would be to find where they went next. You know they have been allocated to the undeposited funds account so I would check that account. You can do that in the Find Transactions window>>filter by Account and date. You should be able to see two transactions, one for the original payment and one for the prepare bank deposit. Open the bank deposit transaction and check the account it was transferred to.

I used to reconcile the Undeposited funds account back to zero each month, this might also help you find those transactions. Go to the Reconcile Accounts window and select the Undeposited funds account. Enter 0.00 in the Closing Statement Balance and the applicable date in Bank Statement Date. If you tick all transactions the Out of balance amount should be 0.00. 

Please let me know how you are going with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

aisha_lo
4 Posts
User

4Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

hi there, thanks for your reply, i found the deposit, i had accidently entered the year as 3030, therefore i couldn't find it! 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post