Cant Delete Line in Spend Money

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Lmcstack
Experienced User
49 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

49Posts

48Kudos

0Solutions

Cant Delete Line in Spend Money

Hi there,

I have a recurring transaction Spend Money which has an additional line which I would like to delete.

I have tried selecting the line and hovering over the last field in the row which normally gives you the option to delete the line, but in this case it does not.  I have also tried going back to the original recurring transaction in the recurring transaction list and in both cases it does not give you the option to delete the line.

Also, when I tab down to the next line has duplicated the line above, which I cannot delete!!!

I've looked back at previous posts and from what I can tell this has been issue since 2018.

Is anyone able to tell me whether this has been fixed and if so how to delete the line?

The only other option I would have is to delete the entire recurring transaction and enter it again.l

Thanks

Lynne

5 REPLIES 5
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Re: Cant Delete Line in Spend Money

Hi Lynne (@Lmcstack)

Thanks for your post and feedback. It looks like currently there is no option to delete a line on a Spend Money type transaction.

The workaround for this would be to delete the transaction and create a fresh one.  

We do apologize for any inconvenience caused.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Lmcstack
Experienced User
49 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

49Posts

48Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Samara for your response.

I am surprised that the simple task of deleting a line which is available in every other form such as Spend money, receive money, sales orders, purchase orders and journals, is not available in a recurring transaction.  How time consuming, to have delete the original recurring transaction and re-enter an entirely new one, just for sake of removing a line!

I've looked back at previous posts and from what I can tell this has been issue since 2018 yet still hasn't been resolved?

This is just basic functionality isnt it?

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

61Kudos

141Solutions

Hi @Lmcstack 

Thanks for posting. When creating spend money transactions, if you changes the tax code or amount on the last line then a new line is created. This only occurs when the spend money transaction has a supplier card selected with a default expense account in the buying details on the card.  The only option here is to delete the created line. 

Hope that helps. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers 

Cel 

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

MACREAL
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Is this issue going to be fixed?

Lmcstack
Experienced User
49 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

49Posts

48Kudos

0Solutions

Hi there,

From the response received from MYOB.  There is no plans to address this issue.  The only solution offered was to delete the entire recurring transaction and re-enter again without the additional line/s.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post