Chart of Accounts

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
kez3
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Chart of Accounts

I need to change the chart of accounts (account list) around. Some expenses need to be moved up to cost of sales. I spent awhile on phone to MYOB and looked at combine accts but you can't do this for change of account types.

Any ideas on how to do this and take the history of all transactions with the move?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Chart of Accounts

Hi @kez3 

While a user can change the account number and name of an existing account, you are not able to change the account classification. For example, if an account has been set up as an expense account, you would not be able to change that account to be a Cost of Sales account. Should that be required, creating a new account would be required to represent that new account classification.

If there is a current balance of that account that you would like to transfer over, creating a journal entry to reduce the balance of the old account and transfer that to the new account would be the recommendation. Note: The history will not be transferred only the current balance using this method.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post