Karen21
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Credit Card Bank Feed Transaction Rules

Hi,

As our bank feeds for our Amex card come in only under the primary card holders name is there a way to set up a transaction rule that you can use to allocate the expense to a supplementary card i.e. Primary Card # 12345 but I need the transaction to show under the supplementary card # 54321.  If so what affect does this have on the liability accounts for both of these cards?

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
6,968 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

6,968Posts

928Kudos

1,134Solutions

Re: Credit Card Bank Feed Transaction Rules

Hi @Karen21 

Thanks for your post. The only way to record those purchases so that they are reported under each Amex card would be to record manual transactions with them being paid from the supplementary card. Then record Transfer Money transactions to move the transactions to the main card.

Another option that may be a suitable workaround is to enter the supplementary card in the Memo field of the Spend Money/Pay Bills transaction. You could then run reports, like the General Ledger detail, and see which purchases were paid for by which card. 

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post